Belize Ship Excursions- FLASH AND SPLASH & RENDEZVOUS CAYE or horseback in Bacab Eco Park

mamaneedsavacay

We are sailing MSC to Belize in the spring and I think I have it narrowed down to these two excursions through the ship. I've seen reviews and heard good things about Rendezvous Caye here on CC, but taking a speed boat there seems to be a new thing or an MSC thing. I like that lunch is included now, and I love the idea of skipping the tender to the port. I'm just seeing photos and videos of a really really TINY island with no real amenities. How many people do they allow on there at once? We are already doing a snorkel excursion in Roatan, so I'm wondering if this will be more of the same in a good way, or not so good. 

The other choice that is really attractive to me is the horseback riding that ends in Bacab Eco park. It's about the same price, but we are beach people and I wonder if we will kick ourselves for not getting the most beach for our buck on a Caribbean cruise. On the other hand, their pool looks really nice. I apologize if this post is redundant, but I keep asking about this excursion and don't get many responses. Is it newer/less popular? 

Rendezvous island is tiny and there are zero amenities.  Our Carnival excursion included lunch which was served buffet style - chicken, rice, salad, buy your own drink.  That was it.  There were restrooms but nothing else on island.  If you are looking for more than that, don't go there.  I have a video that I posted from last year if you want to see it.

When we were there, it was only a 4 hour excursion including transport time... as we left another ships group arrived, so only about 50 people there at a time.  I would expect that is all they allow.  

Since you are on MSC, they may have other 'island" excursions with bigger islands.  Cay Caulker might be more what you are looking for - it is an inhabited island with restaurants, stores, beach, bars, etc.  

• Like 1