Engine room tours

Keltag

The BTS (Behind the Scenes) tours on all NCL ships do NOT include either the engine room spaces or the bridge.  As CTCruiser pointed out above you'll see the galley/kitchen & some of the refrigerated areas associated with them, laundry, recycling & the backstage area(s) of the theater.

At one time, years ago, they DID include the bridge on the BTS tours but they haven't done so on the last 4 or 5 that I've been on lately.  I don't think they've EVER included the engine room spaces due to safety issues.

If you're Platinum or above you get the BTS tour as a freebie; make sure you sign up at the CruiseNext desk the day you go aboard because they fill up quickly!  Otherwise it's $50 or $75 pp.

On AIDA cruise line i took part of an BTS tour that included the bridge and engine room.It was 2011.They still do it but only very rarely and depending on captains decision,so absolutely unpredictable.

But the engine room part was only approx. 10 seconds for everyone cause it was extremely loud and hot.

1 hour ago, CruiseMH said:

On AIDA cruise line i took part of an BTS tour that included the bridge and engine room.It was 2011.They still do it but only very rarely and depending on captains decision,so absolutely unpredictable.

But the engine room part was only approx. 10 seconds for everyone cause it was extremely loud and hot.

was it the actual massive engine room or the engine control room? there is a big difference between the two. I have the behind the scenes tour on Carnival which also owns the AIDA ships and we went to the engine control room. This room has all of the controls and monitoring things for the engines. 

The engine room itself.

We went to the engine control room with a lot of explanations for approx. 15 Minutes and then everybody was allowed to go to the engine room itself for approx. 10-15 seconds. But even with noise-cancelling headsets it was extreme loud.Thats also the reason why everybody was only allowed for such a short time.

• Thanks 1