Need hotel; flying into FFL sailing out of Miami

Rneighh

Four of us are sailing out of Miami on 2/15 on the Carnival Conquest.  We fly in late on the 14th to Fort Lauderdale.  Our plane arrives about 11:30 pm.  I think it may be best to taxi/Uber/shuttle to a hotel near the Port so we can sleep in a little on the 15th.  Any suggestions?  I just want a clean, safe place to sleep for about 8 hours.  Looking for hotel and transportation suggestions

Thanks

Renee

Edited by Rneighh

• Rneighh changed the title to Need hotel; flying into FFL sailing out of Miami
48 minutes ago, Rneighh said:

Four of us are sailing out of Miami on 2/15 on the Carnival Conquest.  We fly in late on the 14th to Fort Lauderdale.  Our plane arrives about 11:30 pm.  I think it may be best to taxi/Uber/shuttle to a hotel near the Port so we can sleep in a little on the 15th.  Any suggestions?  I just want a clean, safe place to sleep for about 8 hours.  Looking for hotel and transportation suggestions

Thanks

Renee

That's a tough one.

I would book the Hampton Inn downtown Fort Lauderdale and get up and walk to the Brightline the next morning and take it to Miami.  

You do realize your dates are a peak week in peak season?

Or just Uber to Miami as soon as you land.  You aren't really going to be able to sleep in staying in Fort Lauderdale.

Stay near FLL and sleep in. No reason to get up early - leave the hotel about noon and you will be checked in about 1:00-1:15.  UberXL from FLL to POM will run about $70.  www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.

11 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Stay near FLL and sleep in. No reason to get up early - leave the hotel about noon and you will be checked in about 1:00-1:15.  UberXL from FLL to POM will run about $70.  www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.

Great ideas .....++

On 12/30/2019 at 9:35 PM, JohninDC said:

The only thing about this is the traffic accidents and stuff that shut down I95.  

It seems almost daily lately that some horrific accident or car chase has shut down entire directions of I-95 for hours.

I'm sure it's just our insane holiday traffic.

Edited by BlueHerons

On 12/30/2019 at 6:55 PM, BlueHerons said:

That's a tough one.

I would book the Hampton Inn downtown Fort Lauderdale and get up and walk to the Brightline the next morning and take it to Miami.  

You do realize your dates are a peak week in peak season?

Or just Uber to Miami as soon as you land.  You aren't really going to be able to sleep in staying in Fort Lauderdale.

You have finally won me over on Brightline!  This is a really great idea for cruisers coming in late the night before to FLL and sailing from Miami.

6 minutes ago, Rneighh said:

Thanks for all the input.  I have settled on a Fort Lauderdale hotel near the airport.  Then have a shuttle pickup scheduled for 10:30 on Saturaday.  Can't wait for fun and sun.

Renee

6 minutes ago, Rneighh said:

Thanks for all the input.  I have settled on a Fort Lauderdale hotel near the airport.  Then have a shuttle pickup scheduled for 10:30 on Saturaday.  Can't wait for fun and sun.

Renee

What hotel is it that has a shuttle scheduled for the Miami Port.?  Thanks

1 hour ago, Perky1 said:

What hotel is it that has a shuttle scheduled for the Miami Port.?  Thanks

I read the post as indicating that they have an independent shuttle (i.e. SAS, QLS, MJS, etc.) scheduled for a hotel pick-up.  It's 30-45+ minutes form FLL to POM - I know of NO hotel that will provide that service for free.