Quantum of the Seas Star Class (Singapore)

gte755t

For those of you who have sailed on the Quantum of the Seas in Star Class since it has started sailing from Singapore, were there any exclusions from the normal Star Class benefits?  I'll be sailing on Feb 15th, 2020, Singapore to Hong Kong itinerary, and not even sure if they'll be offering Star Class since it goes to China.  

Any thoughts from those who have sailed since the ship was put back into service?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gte755t said:

I'll be sailing on Feb 15th, 2020, Singapore to Hong Kong itinerary, and not even sure if they'll be offering Star Class since it goes to China.

Welcome to CC.

How things are done on that repo might be different than regular SIN sailings. The genie and/or concierge should reach out to you one week out and you can ask them about it.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

How things are done on that repo might be different than regular SIN sailings. The genie and/or concierge should reach out to you one week out and you can ask them about it.

The SIN-HKG itinerary isn’t a repo, it just happens to sail to China as a destination, and because of that there’s basically no info on if Star Class is even offered.  Before Quantum was sailing out of Singapore there weren’t even genies onboard the ship. I’m not even sure if someone will be contacting us. 

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Not specifically Star class but there is some info in this thread from someone who was in a GS on one of the first Singapore sailings.

Read through all those posts in that chain, but it certainly leaves a number of unanswered questions relating to this sailing.  I’m not 100% sure a genie will be reaching out at all since this cruise goes to China, but having a point of contact on the actual ship would be helpful. 

4 minutes ago, gte755t said:

I’m not even sure if someone will be contacting us.

The sailings out of Singapore on other RCI ships follow somewhat the norms in the US, so you should get something from the concierge/genie. You can ask in one of the Roll Call threads for up coming sailings if they were contacted.

28 minutes ago, gte755t said:

Read through all those posts in that chain, but it certainly leaves a number of unanswered questions relating to this sailing.  I’m not 100% sure a genie will be reaching out at all since this cruise goes to China, but having a point of contact on the actual ship would be helpful. 

We're also on the 15th Feb sailing (not in Star class) and agree lots of unanswered questions but I'm assuming it will be more 'western' than 'Asian' as there seem to be lots of western passengers judging by the roll call and the FB group.

Both the DL and CL concierges are listed in the 'concierge' thread so you could always email them and ask anything you wanted to know.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 3:03 AM, SempreMare said:

I'm curious about this question too.  Thanks for posting.

I can confirm that this sailing isn’t exempt from the standard Royal Suite Class program with the sailing to Hong Kong. Got an email from our genie last night who confirmed everything. 

Looks like after it was pulled out of Dry Dock and rebased to Singapore, the Chinese “Golden Suites” program was completely removed from this ship.  

On 12/31/2019 at 10:09 AM, kernow said:

We're also on the 15th Feb sailing (not in Star class) and agree lots of unanswered questions but I'm assuming it will be more 'western' than 'Asian' as there seem to be lots of western passengers judging by the roll call and the FB group.

Both the DL and CL concierges are listed in the 'concierge' thread so you could always email them and ask anything you wanted to know.

Thanks for the recommendation about contacting the DL/CL via email. This worked out great as they were able to fwd our email to the appropriate department to get our questions answered. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kernow said:

Seems like Royal suite class is definitely in operation on this cruise as I've just been sent a Royal Up email with options to bid on several suites that are listed as Sky class.

You guys gonna try and royal up on this one?  Looks like the GL might be available for it. 

Best of luck!

4 hours ago, kernow said:

I didn't get offered the GL, I've put in weak bids for both Sky Loft and GS but as neither are currently available I don't think there is much chance we'll get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Any recommendations for hotels in Hong Kong? What about tours in Thailand and Vietnam? I am looking to do private tours, not with Royal Caribbean.  Any recommendations? My husband and I are looking for a couple of people to join us in small group tours.