Specialty Door Signs

Daniel A

1 hour ago, vampiress said:

i know you wanted it on her door for check in, but possibly sneak back during dinner and put it on her door so its a surprise after dinner treat?  or maybe for muster, send them ahead and trail behind and then add it to their door.

your sign turned out great!  i'm looking to make some for our alaska trip, Dad retired in september, and this is the big hoorah to celebrate.

I used Vistaprint.  It's a car door magnetic sign that I could design myself.  Ran about $12.  I'm going to need to go to Passenger Services desk anyway, so I'll go while the others are having lunch.  :classic_ninja:  :classic_wink: 

• Like 1

Love the sign!!

I think you’ll be able to sneak it on the door prior to going to the cabin then she might want to move it into the cabin so she can enjoy it throughout the rest of the cruise.

Here is another way you may be able to get it there early: once you all are aboard, have everyone find a chair in the piazza while you go “check” to see if the cabins are accessible yet. Put up the sign then. If/when cabins are ready, you can return and get your group knowing your surprise is already in place!

Please report back on how you handled this and of her reaction!!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 4:02 PM, gotta cruise again said:

Love the sign!!

I think you’ll be able to sneak it on the door prior to going to the cabin then she might want to move it into the cabin so she can enjoy it throughout the rest of the cruise.

Here is another way you may be able to get it there early: once you all are aboard, have everyone find a chair in the piazza while you go “check” to see if the cabins are accessible yet. Put up the sign then. If/when cabins are ready, you can return and get your group knowing your surprise is already in place!

Please report back on how you handled this and of her reaction!!

We all boarded Regal on Sunday morning.  While we were having lunch, I excused myself saying that I needed to straighten out a matter at the PAX services desk.  For the first time for us, there were no crew members operating the elevators so a lot of PAX were going to their cabins to drop luggage while the stewards were changing over the cabins.  I put the magnetic door sigh on DSIL's door and returned to our lunch.  When we got to the cabin after we were cleared, DSIL saw the sign and it almost brought her to tears.  We also had a coffee mug with the same image for her.  (She drinks a lot of coffee...)  This couldn't have gone any better.  Thanks to all who contributed their valuable suggestions.

1645036880_P2030049(2).thumb.JPG.c775817b254804ba8eb5f2500db493ef.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

We all boarded Regal on Sunday morning.  While we were having lunch, I excused myself saying that I needed to straighten out a matter at the PAX services desk.  For the first time for us, there were no crew members operating the elevators so a lot of PAX were going to their cabins to drop luggage while the stewards were changing over the cabins.  I put the magnetic door sigh on DSIL's door and returned to our lunch.  When we got to the cabin after we were cleared, DSIL saw the sign and it almost brought her to tears.  We also had a coffee mug with the same image for her.  (She drinks a lot of coffee...)  This couldn't have gone any better.  Thanks to all who contributed their valuable suggestions.

1645036880_P2030049(2).thumb.JPG.c775817b254804ba8eb5f2500db493ef.JPG

What size did you order?

Thanks!

Tom😎