Cigarettes buying on board?

PekingeseLady

Do they still sell cigarettes on board?  I think last year you could only buy 1 carton each and you couldn't take it to your room.  You could buy them from the bars and fun shop and the bars were 1 or 2 dollars cheaper then the fun shop.  Is this still how it works on Carnival?

TIA

we usually buy cigarettes from the fun shops.  No, they do NOT keep them.  There is no smoking allowed in the cabins, but you are allowed to smoke them in the designated smoking areas.  In Nov of 2019 we bought 3 cartons & got the 4th for free.  Not sure if this special is still going on.  If I remember correctly, ea carton was $42 X 3 = $126, making them about $32 per carton considering the 4th carton was free.  This was for Marlboro & other major brands.  If I am not mistaken, you are allowed to bring up to 2 cartons home per person without a customs tax.

2 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

Thank you.  I'm sailing on the Panorama Saturday.  I roll my own at home so I don't want to buy a carton, WOW, expensive, lol  This way I can just buy one pack to get me through.

I don't think they sell single packs, but all the ports do. If you want to get a decent price get away from the terminal.

4 hours ago, coevan said:

I don't think they sell single packs, but all the ports do. If you want to get a decent price get away from the terminal.

A guy told me the ones at the ports are counterfeit.  I found that an interesting comment but am a non-smoker so it doesnt really matter to me. Have you ever heard this? He stated specifically Cozumel.

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

A guy told me the ones at the ports are counterfeit.  I found that an interesting comment but am a non-smoker so it doesnt really matter to me. Have you ever heard this? He stated specifically Cozumel.

never heard this, go to any reputable store