When can I reserve a boarding time?

Normie22

I have an upcoming cruise on the Breeze in August 2020. I have sailed before with Carnival but it has been a couple of years. When am I able to reserve a boarding time? Is it during online check-in or is it something I can arrange sooner? I would like to reserve an early time if possible but without paying extra for the FTTF perk.

90 days out when you can do your online check in, you'll have some choices for times to check in at the port. You do not choose or receive a boarding time. Without FTTF, you will receive a boarding group number like A4 or something similar. The sooner you do the online check in you may receive a higher boarding group number. After all priority and FTTF board, they start calling groups in order like A1, A2, etc. 

As mommy said, you do not select a boarding time.  You will have the option to select a time to check in at the port when you check-in online.  Having said that, it will default to the earliest available time slot.  This can be done 90 days prior to your cruise.  Your cruise manager should show the day that you are able to complete your online check-in.

To add, online check-in will open at midnight eastern time on that date. In my experience, it doesn't happen exactly at midnight, so you might have to give it 5 minutes or so. You also don't need to complete the entire online check-in all at once. You can choose your Arrival Appointment time to lock it in, then complete the rest later. You can also go back at any time to make changes.

• Like 1

When I logged in after midnight eastern time as soon as online check-in was available for my cruise on the Breeze last year, I got an appointment time of 11:30 to 12:00 and boarding zone A01.  I arrived at 10:45 and went through the early/late line.  Zone A01 was called around 11:10 am.  Of course, every cruise is different depending on how quickly they can get the previous passengers off of the ship.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When I logged in after midnight eastern time as soon as online check-in was available for my cruise on the Breeze last year, I got an appointment time of 11:30 to 12:00 and boarding zone A01.  I arrived at 10:45 and went through the early/late line.  Zone A01 was called around 11:10 am.  Of course, every cruise is different depending on how quickly they can get the previous passengers off of the ship.

Did you log in after midnight or before midnight and then hit refresh at midnight? 

Also, do you know if you can get check in times for 2 booking numbers simultaneously? 

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Did you log in after midnight or before midnight and then hit refresh at midnight? 

Also, do you know if you can get check in times for 2 booking numbers simultaneously? 

I logged in right after midnight, not before.  I hadn't really planned to stay up that late, but figured that since I was up I may as well check in for the cruise.  So it was probably like five minutes after midnight.  If those booking numbers are on different accounts, it seems like you can have two tabs open at the same time and be ready.  But I really think you will be fine doing one after the other.  I do not think the earliest appointment time and boarding zone will be filled up in 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

When I do it, I usually login right before 11pm (I'm central time) and refresh the page now & again. But that's just me. If you waited till shortly after midnight eastern, you'd be ok.

I agree with TNcruising. I think you'll be fine doing one, logging out, then doing the other. But if you really want to do both at the same time, some websites won't let you login to two different accounts using two tabs on the same browser. I just tested it. I logged into my Carnival account. Then opened a second tab, went to Carnival's site, and I was logged in automatically on that tab. To take it a step further, I logged out of the second tab and logged into my wife's account. Then I went back to the first tab. As soon as I clicked to another page, it switched to my wife's account. So it's not going to let you do two different accounts at once. You'd have to use two browsers. But again, I think you'll be find doing one then the other.

16 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

When I do it, I usually login right before 11pm (I'm central time) and refresh the page now & again. But that's just me. If you waited till shortly after midnight eastern, you'd be ok.

I agree with TNcruising. I think you'll be fine doing one, logging out, then doing the other. But if you really want to do both at the same time, some websites won't let you login to two different accounts using two tabs on the same browser. I just tested it. I logged into my Carnival account. Then opened a second tab, went to Carnival's site, and I was logged in automatically on that tab. To take it a step further, I logged out of the second tab and logged into my wife's account. Then I went back to the first tab. As soon as I clicked to another page, it switched to my wife's account. So it's not going to let you do two different accounts at once. You'd have to use two browsers. But again, I think you'll be find doing one then the other.

Thanks. But, both bookings show in my cruise manager.  Can I do the check in for both cabins from my account? 

Also, is it a tab thing where I can pick the check in time first? 

7 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Thanks. But, both bookings show in my cruise manager.  Can I do the check in for both cabins from my account? 

Also, is it a tab thing where I can pick the check in time first? 

Oh ok, sorry, I didn't know you were managing both bookings. In that case, yes, you'll be able to open up both in one browser with two tabs. I just tried that, too. We cruise in March and our check-in is already complete, so it's a little different for me. I also manage two bookings and I'm able to open them up in two tabs.

When you're able to go into your online check-in, there will be a list of categories on the right hand side, like Guest Information, Travel Documents, etc. Just click on Arrival Appointment to skip straight to it.

11 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Oh ok, sorry, I didn't know you were managing both bookings. In that case, yes, you'll be able to open up both in one browser with two tabs. I just tried that, too. We cruise in March and our check-in is already complete, so it's a little different for me. I also manage two bookings and I'm able to open them up in two tabs.

When you're able to go into your online check-in, there will be a list of categories on the right hand side, like Guest Information, Travel Documents, etc. Just click on Arrival Appointment to skip straight to it.

So where it says “My to do list” the two lines “on line booking for ***** available....” will each become a separate link, and I can right click on one to open a new tab, and then left click the other?

21 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So where it says “My to do list” the two lines “on line booking for ***** available....” will each become a separate link, and I can right click on one to open a new tab, and then left click the other?

You got it. If I remember right, it'll change to "Complete Online Check-In" for each booking. Or when you're logged in to your Cruise Manager, you can also click on the "Planner" tab at the top to get you there. From there, you can do what you said, left click to open one in a new tab, or you can open a new tab first, then go to Carnival.com.

If you want to go back to it later to complete it whenever, or if you want to make changes to your check-in, just click on that Planner tab.

• Thanks 1