When to Book Australia New Zealand Cruises

bogofman

When is the best time to book future cruses to  New Zealand

We are looking at dec 20 to march 21

we are booking in the UK, and prices seem to hold top prices for these destinations

Is there a sweet time to book?  we lose deposits if we make any booking changes.

We have just booked for Feb 21 but we booked via the US.  I know the exchange rate could change and we might end up out of pocket but we got a good price plus internet, drinks, gratuities and on board credit.  We did pay 3 times the deposit we would in the UK and its non-refundable but not non-transferable!

For a me a good time is when the offers are right and the price that I've followed I'm happy with.

• Like 1

we are also looking into this (also from the UK)- I have found some decent package deals £2499pp for  flights 3 nights sydney stay or/& 2 nights NZ stay on a CRUISE NATIONwide booking uk agent.  Or £3999pp flights 2 nights  sydney stay with back to back cruise s 1st cruise up to cairns then 2nd cruise over and round new Zeeland  I am now just running price comparisons DIY through USA TA.

We booked our February 28th 2020 Cruise last March. Since that time the price has actually gone up. But last month the price finally dropped to less than we paid. Just had a look and there is now limited availability. 

For people overseas you have to take in airfares and they are normally cheaper a long time in advance. So by waiting you might get a cheaper cruise but lose out on the airfare? 

We recently booked NZ cruise for Jan 2022!! Yes 2022 that is not a typo lol!  We booked when first released as I had a FCC that needed to be used by Dec 31st. Then when Sail beyond sale started I checked and price went down and one extra perk was included.  I contacted TA and he repriced.  We saved $500.   I like to book as far in advance as possible for all cruises, then watch fares and if they come down re-price.  I love researching and planning so like to have lots of time to do this.  We also do the odd last minute cruise if there is a good deal,  but typically only to a destination that doesn't require much research.

• Like 1