Identification of Lighthouse

TPKeller

Hello,

I recently purchased a print by an artist named Tom Freeman.  I am told by his relatives (Mr. Freeman passed away a few years ago) that the scene was painted from a snapshot taken by his daughter during a visit to Bermuda several years ago.

I would love to know if anyone can recognize the lighthouse and location setting of the painting!  It's always possible that Mr. Freeman took a bit of artistic license, but I'd love to know if anyone can identify it.

Thanks!

Theron

Here is a direct link to a copy of the print:

yhst-85079201727111_2273_115236508

It looks like a drastically shortened version of Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. The real one also sits considerably further back and up from the water and the house at the bottom of it is nearly twice the size as depicted in the painting. Very pretty print but he took way more than just a little artistic license. 

Thanks for the feedback!  As I noted, the story was that the painting was based on an actual snapshot.  I wonder what the perspective of the lighthouse is from a boat on the water?  Perhaps that could explain the mismatch in apparent height of the lighthouse and size of the building.

Theron

• 3 weeks later...