Drinks in Beach Villa at Half Moon Cay

Cinnamon2

Eight of us have a Beach Villa reserved for our day at Half Moon Cay next week.  It is reserved in my name and I know I will need to choose the specific Villa and provide drink preferences when I board the Carnival Magic.  Question:  How many drinks do they provide for 8 people?  Most want water and a few want various soft drinks.  The Villa is for 8 people so do they provide 2 or 3 drinks each?  Just trying to figure out percentage of water vs. sodas to request.

31 minutes ago, goldne said:

When do we tell them drinks preferences and how many people are using the villa...when we choose the actual villa at Guest Services? 

Exactly. I would recommend going to GS right after boarding to be sure you get the villa you want (there's only five of them IIRC).

ETA, you go to Excursions not GS to chose your villa and drinks. Sorry.

Edited by joepeka

29 minutes ago, goldne said:

When do we tell them drinks preferences and how many people are using the villa...when we choose the actual villa at Guest Services? 

The Excursion desk, not guest services.

We do it as soon as we board the ship to get the most options for cabanas.  For the villas, it doesn't matter as much, as they are basically in the same area.

You pick your location, drink choices, and snorkel fin size.

1 hour ago, goldne said:

Thank you this is so helpful!

Is there any villa that is more preferred than the others? Do they all have the same size table upstairs?

I've attached a map of HMC showing the locations of the villas (they are labeled A through E). A and B are close to the pirate ship bar so it's handy for getting alcohol but can get noisy; D and E are further up the beach and not very crowed or noisy. We had villa C and it was just about right for us - close enough to the bar and water toy check out to be convenient but not so close as to be a nuisance from people or noise.

Half Moon Cay Map.jpg

How old is this map?

A hurricane several years ago eroded the beach between the Private Oasis cabana and the first steps down to the beach (no beach and the Aqua park was gone).

Does anyone know if dredging was done to restore that area?

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

How old is this map?

A hurricane several years ago eroded the beach between the Private Oasis cabana and the first steps down to the beach (no beach and the Aqua park was gone).

Does anyone know if dredging was done to restore that area?

Our last stop in HMC, when we had the villa, was March of 2018 and while I cannot speak to the Private Oasis villa situation at that time, everything else is pretty much as shown on the map.