Has anyone parked at Cape Liberty recently?

On 1/4/2020 at 9:03 PM, Bird Dad said:

We just sailed on the Anthem 12/20 to 12/28. They have a very efficient setup at Cape Liberty. Once you drop off your luggage at the drop off area you go to the garage. There was a person stationed at each gate who handed you the ticket from the machine. They informed you to keep the ticket with you. At disembarkation once you clear customs, very efficient, done with facial recognition, you go to the area to pay for parking. There were 5-6 machines for credit cards and 2 for cash. There was a person stationed at each machine to help with the process. It was painless and every person was incredibly polite. From there you go get your car, go down to the baggage pickup area, load up and leave. Total price for parking for the 8 days was $176.00. Time from ship to pulling out the gate was 45 minutes. We’ve been on over 32 cruises and this by far was the most efficient disembarkation process.

After you cleared customs you left your luggage behind while you got your car? Just making sure I understand correctly. If so, was anyone with the bags while you got the car? I’ll be traveling with kids but without my husband so while I would prefer not to schlep bags to the car, I don’t want to leave my kids guarding them, either. 😉

4 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

After you cleared customs you left your luggage behind while you got your car? Just making sure I understand correctly. If so, was anyone with the bags while you got the car? I’ll be traveling with kids but without my husband so while I would prefer not to schlep bags to the car, I don’t want to leave my kids guarding them, either. 😉

No, you have your bags with you when you at customs.  You exit the terminal to the right and there is a loading zone at the street level of the garage.  I usually wait there with the bags and my husband goes and pays for parking at the kiosk and gets the car.  We have always been able to park on the second level of the garage, so he just goes up the stairs and then comes down to the loading area.  If you do not feel your kids are old enough to watch the bags while you go get the car, you will just have to take the bags and kids up the elevator.  There can be a line at the elevators, so that is why we have one take the stairs and one wait with the bags.  I have had a porter wait with me to load the bags into the car, so maybe you could see if a porter would wait so you didn't have to wait for the elevator.  I do wait with a visible tip in hand though. 😄