Ovation Obstructed View Cabin 6246

Hi all! I’ve done every search I can think of but can’t find anything specific on this cabin. We are looking at Ovation for Alaska (cabin for 4) and considering an obstructed balcony. Booking far in advance we are hoping for a lesser obstruction as there is a lot of availability. It appears from my search that 6646 (same cabin location on starboard side) is a lesser obstruction. Intuition tells me that 6246 would be the same, though looking at the deck plan for deck 6, I see cabins on the port side listed as unobstructed when the starboard cabin at the same location is obstructed (6236/6636 for example). This leads me to believe the obstructions may be different on each side of deck 6.

If anyone has specific input on Cabin 6246, I’d appreciate it! Alternatively, if anyone has recommendations for other obstructed cabins for 4 that have better views, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sorry no direct knowledge, but you also mention 6646 so you might want to take a look at post #24 on the thread below originally posted by "Chiliburn" who actually stayed in that cabin - the picture posted there of the view looks good to me!

131D182E-A93F-4023-8574-DF90F9C77F11.jpe

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2540452-obstructed-view-cabins-ovation-of-the-seas/

Here's another link to Anthem/Quantum cabin advice that might also help:

http://anthemoftheseas.blogspot.com/p/obstructed-alconies.html

http://anthemoftheseas.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gatordad815 said:

Hi all! I’ve done every search I can think of but can’t find anything specific on this cabin. We are looking at Ovation for Alaska (cabin for 4) and considering an obstructed balcony. Booking far in advance we are hoping for a lesser obstruction as there is a lot of availability. It appears from my search that 6646 (same cabin location on starboard side) is a lesser obstruction. Intuition tells me that 6246 would be the same, though looking at the deck plan for deck 6, I see cabins on the port side listed as unobstructed when the starboard cabin at the same location is obstructed (6236/6636 for example). This leads me to believe the obstructions may be different on each side of deck 6.

If anyone has specific input on Cabin 6246, I’d appreciate it! Alternatively, if anyone has recommendations for other obstructed cabins for 4 that have better views, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

We stayed in 6246 last February .

we usually stay in suites but it was a spur of the minute thing ,cheap and it was fantastic,one of the best cabins.

I’ve been on the ovation 6.  times.

There was no obstruction,the cabin is serviced by the suites attendant and was one of the best.

Theres a door into 270 from deck 6 that nobody knows about for easy access.

one deck up from the promenade,also right at the lifts.

No noise to talk about ,if you put your head over the hand rail you could hear the public announcements.

There was some light from the promenade deck but was much.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

New here, so I still have to find my way on this massive forum. But I think I'm in the right spot now. Before I start asking things I apologize for my bad English. I'm from the Netherlands, so my story might have some strange sentences. At least you guys know why... 😉

My wife and I booked an obstructed view balcony cabin on the new Odyssey. Spectrum is the same ship, so my question is: Did anyone travel in cabin 6690 on Spectrum? Was is ok- from a view point? And, according to what I read above, is the smoking area nearby this cabin?

We still are able to change the cabin, so if anyone has information: please let us know. 

Thank's in advance!

Stay safe and in good health,

Ger