Flights from San Francisco

lannp

Can I make a 12:10 flight from San Francisco when I come off the Regal Princess in May?

If not I'll have to take a slightly later flight that has 1 connection or wait until late evening for direct flight.

I gather the port and the airport are not close like Fort Lauderdale.

I would say that the 12:10 flight is too early. SFO is approximately 30 minutes from downtown San Francisco which is where I believe the cruise ships dock. I've heard from friends that live there that the road you take to get there can get backed up. I would take a later flight to be on the safe side and if you get to the airport early, see what you can do about flying standy on the 12:10 flight.

Can I make a 12:10 flight from San Francisco when I come off the Regal Princess in May?

If not I'll have to take a slightly later flight that has 1 connection or wait until late evening for direct flight.

I gather the port and the airport are not close like Fort Lauderdale.

I don't live to far from this area so I can tell from Experience. You will need to take a later flight. Besides all of the road construction, all of the tourist are leaving the city. The freeway can become a crawl at any time. Remember this is a California freeway we are talking about. If you are only giving yourself 30 minutes to travel you should double that.

I would definitely go with a later flight. When I disembarked in San Francisco a few years ago it took us longer to get off our ship because there were two ships on port. Given potential delays in getting off, traffic between the city and the airport, etc. you would be better off flying later. Another option is to spend the evening in San Francisco, before flying back to Florida the next morning.

Keith

Archived