Status Match and Voyagers Club question

Jembeccatoo

I’m still in the research and planning stage for my first cruise with MSC and have a few questions about Voyager Club benefits.
I’ve applied for status  match and should qualify for Classic. When do I join Voyager Club?
Can I receive the 5% discount on the cruise I am booking?
If that cruise is also aVoyages Selection Discounted Cruise, can that be applied to my current booking?
Do I need to book through MSC to receive the special discounts?
Thanks for helping out a newbie!

You can get the 5% Voyagers Club discount even after you book a cruise, there are time limits but it's like a few weeks before sailing.  You can also get the Voyagers Selection discount on your first cruise.  Travel agents willingness to apply these discounts vary widely.  Some offer discounted rates that state no other discounts are applicable while others are willing to work to get these discounts applied to bookings.  So if using a TA you should talk to them about getting these discounts applied before making the booking.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Até said:

Travel agents willingness to apply these discounts vary widely.  Some offer discounted rates that state no other discounts are applicable while others are willing to work to get these discounts applied to bookings.  So if using a TA you should talk to them about getting these discounts applied before making the booking.

Thanks Até. Best overall deal I’ve found is only for online booking, so I don’t think I can combine discounts. Time to do some serious math. 😕