Random questions about my upcoming April canary cruise

Vampiress88

Literally just random things I have no idea where to ask 

when will we know which days are going to be black tie ones and how many? Go in under 90days and it’s not on my cruise personaliser (unless we are actually casual every night as it’s telling me)

does anyone know what shows will be on that cruise? Or when will we find out? Is it something that’s only in the daily thing and we won’t know till we are aboard. 

It’s a strictly come dancing one so I guess there will be something like that. I have already see astonishing so wouldn’t want to do that again. Really hope that paradise city show is on as I love rock of ages and it sounds similar. 

What ports do we actually dock at for Lanzarote and Tenerife? As when I’m looking on “what’s in port” I keep getting two possibilities for both or is this again something we won’t know? 

last one. On sea days do they have set things like bingo or quizzes etc at set times that are always on so we can either go or avoid. 

any help would be great. 

I unfortunately like to plan things always and find it slightly difficult when I can’t plan way in advance. 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

What ports do we actually dock at for Lanzarote and Tenerife? As when I’m looking on “what’s in port” I keep getting two possibilities for both or is this again something we won’t know? 

In Lanzarote it’s Arricife.

Santa Cruz in Tenerife

Brian

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

when will we know which days are going to be black tie ones and how many? Go in under 90days and it’s not on my cruise personaliser (unless we are actually casual every night as it’s telling me)

You don't normally know which days until you see the schedule that is in your cabin when you board. Normally 2 formal nights per week, they wont be on the first or last night, and are normally held on sea days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrianI said:

In Lanzarote it’s Arricife.

Santa Cruz in Tenerife

Brian

Santa Cruz is what I guessed at. 

arricife is that the one 30mins walk away? 

I called p&o to ask these and a very nice offshore lady said she didn’t know and they won’t know until the week before. Then said bye. That was a good experience. 

good job you guys know your stuff. 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You don't normally know which days until you see the schedule that is in your cabin when you board. Normally 2 formal nights per week, they wont be on the first or last night, and are normally held on sea days.

so prepare for 4? 
not sure how they will space them out as it’s got majority of sea days all at beginning and end. 

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

so prepare for 4? 
not sure how they will space them out as it’s got majority of sea days all at beginning and end. 

If you have a look at the following P&O website, you can at least get an idea of number of nights are casual or black tie/themed. 

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/po/life-on-board/dress_code_all

If your cruise is N006, its 3 black tie, rest casual

Edited by jaydee6969

3 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

If you have a look at the following P&O website, you can at least get an idea of number of nights are casual or black tie/themed. 

thank you. I’m on the ventura April cruise. If I’m reading this right it says 3 formal. But says 4 themes. (60s, Black, tropical and captains welcome) 

so will they just drop one of these four? 

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

thank you. I’m on the ventura April cruise. If I’m reading this right it says 3 formal. But says 4 themes. (60s, Black, tropical and captains welcome) 

so will they just drop one of these four? 

Tropical is not a formal night, just an excuse for me to get my Hawaiin shirt out.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Every time we have been to Lanzarote with P&O they have docked at Los Marmoles. It does not look an easy walk from there to Arrecife centre but P&O will put on shuttle buses that drop-off on the outskirts then you can walk down the promenade (or there are taxis at the drop-off point if you need them).

There is a beach but it does not have any toilets or changing facilities (at least it didn't when we were there a few years back).

In the past we've taken a taxi from the port to take our son to Puerto del Carmen and also to Rancho Texas:  https://ranchotexaslanzarote.com/von/newshop/tickets?lang=1

I'd definitely recommend the latter for a good day out with kids (taxi was €23 when we went).

1 minute ago, DamianG said:

Every time we have been to Lanzarote with P&O they have docked at Los Marmoles. It does not look an easy walk from there to Arrecife centre but P&O will put on shuttle buses that drop-off on the outskirts then you can walk down the promenade (or there are taxis at the drop-off point if you need them).

There is a beach but it does not have any toilets or changing facilities (at least it didn't when we were there a few years back).

In the past we've taken a taxi from the port to take our son to Puerto del Carmen and also to Rancho Texas:  https://ranchotexaslanzarote.com/von/newshop/tickets?lang=1

I'd definitely recommend the latter for a good day out with kids (taxi was €23 when we went).

Looking at the website Rancho Texas now appears to offer a free bus service so combined with the P&O shuttle that may be a way of cutting out the taxi cost.

2 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

This is the itinerary 

4th April Southampton 
5th April At Sea. ******
6th April At Sea. 
7th April At Sea. ******
8th April Madeira 

9th April La Palma 
10th April Tenerife
11th April Gran Canaria 

12th April Lanzarote 

13th April At sea 

14th April Cadiz 

15th April Lisbon. 

16th April At Sea ******

17th April At Sea

18th April Southampton

im gonna guess these for formal nights 5th,7th,16th. 

what’d you think

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

This is the itinerary 

4th April Southampton 
5th April At Sea. ******
6th April At Sea. 
7th April At Sea. ******
8th April Madeira 

9th April La Palma 
10th April Tenerife
11th April Gran Canaria 

12th April Lanzarote 

13th April At sea 

14th April Cadiz 

15th April Lisbon. 

16th April At Sea ******

17th April At Sea

18th April Southampton

what’d you think

I don't  think that they would do 5th and 7th -too close together.

10 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

This is the itinerary 

4th April Southampton 
5th April At Sea. ******
6th April At Sea. 
7th April At Sea. ******
8th April Madeira 

9th April La Palma 
10th April Tenerife
11th April Gran Canaria 

12th April Lanzarote 

13th April At sea 

14th April Cadiz 

15th April Lisbon. 

16th April At Sea ******

17th April At Sea

18th April Southampton

what’d you think

Because it's 14 nights you will have 4 formal nights not 3. My guess would be the sea days of 5th, 7th, 13th, and 16th. Maybe we should run a sweepstake 🙂

3 minutes ago, kenhem said:

Because it's 14 nights you will have 4 formal nights not 3. My guess would be the sea days of 5th, 7th, 13th, and 16th. Maybe we should run a sweepstake 🙂

going by one of the other poster Jaydee  gave me a link to formal nights 

E7FDD9E8-E68B-4B54-882B-36ABBF1FF8B5.thumb.png.130d4a97c8cff1f04e334adb91ada0fb.png

mine is the n006

so only 3 which to be honest I will prefer than 4. 

yes if we are correct shall we get bragging rights. 

Just now, Vampiress88 said:

going by one of the other poster Jaydee  gave me a link to formal nights 

E7FDD9E8-E68B-4B54-882B-36ABBF1FF8B5.thumb.png.130d4a97c8cff1f04e334adb91ada0fb.png

mine is the n006

so only 3 which to be honest I will prefer than 4. 

yes if we are correct shall we get bragging rights. 

Correct, sorry my mistake. 

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

so prepare for 4? 

I am assuming that the P&O info is correct and there will only be 3 formal nights. I would guess the first will be on day 2, second probably the sea day before Cadiz and the third the day after Lisbon.

If you booked a select fare you will get shuttles free where they are needed  if a saver fare then you will be charged, approx £5pp, except Tenerife which has a free port provided shuttle.

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Isn't Black and White  Night formal?

We all dressed up for it.

Yes, the information shows 3 formal + a black and white night.

Since the black and white night/evening ball is classed as a formal night that makes 4 in total.

Edited by P-L-B

4 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Thanks for this link - mine shows 3 formal for 14 nights, it is normally 4.

Anyway, my new personaliser show all 14 nights as Black Tie, looking in the itinerary planner thing is the only place I can find any reference to formal night.

This pile of rubbish is really not fit for purpose, bring back the old one !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P-L-B said:

Yes, the information shows 3 formal + a black and white night.

Since the black and white night/evening ball is classed as a formal night that makes 4 in total.

No it says 3 formal and 11 casual, so the Black & White will be one of the three formal ones.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No it says 3 formal and 11 casual, so the Black & White will be one of the three formal ones.

Sorry should have done the maths. :classic_blush:

That’s unusual as a 14 night cruise usually has 4 formal nights. :classic_unsure: