MDR menu pics for Sky Eastern Caribbean?

tk2fast

Menus will be pretty much the same as all Caribbean sector cruises if you have seen any of those recently.  Otherwise, are you asking about 7, 8 nights this season or the 10-nights in 2021 season?  That would help answer your question - more specifics about the itinerary.

Otherwise, generally the first sea day evening and the second last evening if a sea day.  Otherwise, a port day the ship departs early from.  Never the embarkation night and never the last night before returning to port.

• Thanks 1

Food is the best we've had cruising the last few years. What we struggled with on Sky is the Anytime Dining. No matter what time we tried to get in, we had to wait about an hour. Either we don't understand their policy or we just did it wrong. But they always handed us a pager and told us 45 minutes or more. Always more. It's not like we never done anytime dinning, we have been Anytime Diners for the last 15 years on several different cruise lines and ships. Sky was just harder.

That being said, we loved Sky and look forward to cruising that ship again.

B

22 minutes ago, Beachdude said:

Food is the best we've had cruising the last few years. What we struggled with on Sky is the Anytime Dining. No matter what time we tried to get in, we had to wait about an hour. Either we don't understand their policy or we just did it wrong. But they always handed us a pager and told us 45 minutes or more. Always more. It's not like we never done anytime dinning, we have been Anytime Diners for the last 15 years on several different cruise lines and ships. Sky was just harder.

That being said, we loved Sky and look forward to cruising that ship again.

B

I'll make sure we stay away from anytime dining as it seems like a frustrating experience and we want this cruise to be relaxing. We have not been on a cruise for 20 years and admit we are a little concerned about some of the negative comments about the Sky. We are fairly easy to please so I think we made a good choice. Time will tell!

Just wondering if there are problems getting a seating at the Crown Grill.

27 minutes ago, tk2fast said:

I'll make sure we stay away from anytime dining as it seems like a frustrating experience and we want this cruise to be relaxing. We have not been on a cruise for 20 years and admit we are a little concerned about some of the negative comments about the Sky. We are fairly easy to please so I think we made a good choice. Time will tell!

Just wondering if there are problems getting a seating at the Crown Grill.

If you don't pre-book in the cruise personlizer then make certain you call the dining line or visit the Crown Grill asap on boarding day. Generally we have found that the Crown Grill is busy on 7 day cruises.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, skynight said:

If you don't pre-book in the cruise personlizer then make certain you call the dining line or visit the Crown Grill asap on boarding day. Generally we have found that the Crown Grill is busy on 7 day cruises.

Agreed. We  made reservations to the Crown when we got on board, but the food was so good in the Dining room that we cancelled. Towards the end of the week we decided to try and make reservations to the Crown again just for something different, but never could. That was frustrating in of itself because the staff doesn't want to say "No", so they led us on that something may open up, so hang around. They just need to learn to say "No, don't call us, we'll call you." like other cruise ships do. Anyway, based on Princess past experiences, I honestly don't think the food is any better in the Crown, it's just a different experience. I did try the steak in the Dining room and it was quite good.

For those who like their steak rare, the staff seems a bit uncomfortable with it, so they tried to scare me by calling their style of rare, "Blue Rare". I didn't take the bait and ordered it as rare as they are willing to cook it. It came out just rare like you get in a high end restaurant. Nothing blue about it. So don't let them scare you.

I don't typically get lobster on cruises because I'm always disappointed, but my wife's (Swiss) lobster was excellent. I will get it next time.

I haven't read all the Sky reviews, so I don't know the negatives, but other than the anytime dining confusion, we love the Sky. If we have any negatives, it's more of the usual Princess things like the low to mediocre entertainment. To many card players and book readers in the buffet during lunch, so finding a table can be a challenge. And I miss the saunas that the other class ships have. These is a minor things of course. The ship is beautiful and enjoyable to walk around.

Swiss and I think the cruise director is so so, which matches the personality of the entertainment.  We did try the late-night naughty game show because we were curious and felt they go a little too far, but maybe that is a generation thing. The Cruise Director leads that stuff, which we feel is not appropriate for a cruise director. But as I said, maybe that is a generation thing. I'm glad to be in my generation. 

You're going to have fun, it's a good ship and crew. 

B

• Thanks 1