Special MDR Seating Requests

Biskuits

Would the maitre d' for the MDR accommodate any special seating requests (i.e. prefer private table on the lower level) via email prior to sailing?

If so, how early should I email them prior to my sail date?

I have had good luck by e-mailing about day two or three of the cruise immediately before ours.  By then arrangements for that cruise are complete and arrangements for our cruise are being finalized.

Others may report different experiences.  People also report fairly good results from meeting with the maitre d' on embarkation day.  Guest Services can tell you where and when.

I had emailed the maitre d' for our upcoming cruise March 22nd for a round table on the main floor of dinning room.  Here is his response.

Request put on file, reservations do not reach the ship until 4 days prior to cruise.

Thank you.

Ken.

Ken Byrne

Sr. Maitre D’

Carnival Pride I Carnival Cruise Line

All the postings are good, but this is what I did.  We are cruising the 15th of March.  I contacted our Maitre d at least 2 or more months ago, and received a reply right back!  Since there are 8 of us, I wanted to make sure we had a table all together, and they would be "prepared" for us! I have kept the reply back from the Mitre d, and plan to take it with me, to show, if there would be a problem which I doubt.  I know you could go to the dining room, but for us, I would rather have it taken care of "ahead" of time.