few last minute questions - first NCL cruise

bebe08

We are leaving on the Escape this Saturday - woo hoo!!  First NCL cruise for us...we are somewhat loyal to Celebrity lol.

A few last minute questions to save us from looking like deer caught in the headlights on embarkation:

- how soon can you access your cabin?  I don't expect luggage to be there for a bit....but always nice to check out the cabin and drop off carry on ASAP

- do any of the waterfront venues serve food/lunch or is it strictly drinks except for dinner time?  Trying to figure out where we will want to park ourselves when we embark (assuming we will be hungry).  

- if no food on waterfront, where is best place for lunch on embarkation (ie least crowded)

- will our keycards have a sticker or something that shows we have a beverage package? I am a tiny bit worried that none of our NCL documentation shows we have a beverage package....however TA assures me all is well and it shows on TA's documentation (which we will bring just in case)

- we have pre-paid for unlimited internet....how do we go about accessing once onboard?  I want to avoid accidentally buying a second package (which I actually did on our last cruise lol).

TIA - also any last minute tips??

30 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

We are leaving on the Escape this Saturday - woo hoo!!  First NCL cruise for us...we are somewhat loyal to Celebrity lol.

A few last minute questions to save us from looking like deer caught in the headlights on embarkation:

- how soon can you access your cabin?  I don't expect luggage to be there for a bit....but always nice to check out the cabin and drop off carry on ASAP

- do any of the waterfront venues serve food/lunch or is it strictly drinks except for dinner time?  Trying to figure out where we will want to park ourselves when we embark (assuming we will be hungry).  

- if no food on waterfront, where is best place for lunch on embarkation (ie least crowded)

- will our keycards have a sticker or something that shows we have a beverage package? I am a tiny bit worried that none of our NCL documentation shows we have a beverage package....however TA assures me all is well and it shows on TA's documentation (which we will bring just in case)

- we have pre-paid for unlimited internet....how do we go about accessing once onboard?  I want to avoid accidentally buying a second package (which I actually did on our last cruise lol).

Stateroom access around 130

No waterfront dining at embarkation.

I'd recommend main dining room for less crowds. Buffet is zoo-like.

No stickers, key cards will be imprinted with beverage and dining package.

Not sure about internet.

Tips? Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the response!

So will our keycards have "beverage package" or something similar imprinted on them that we can clearly see?  

Also one (I hope!) last question(s) about menus....are dinner menus for free dining rooms posted in advance?  If so where...outside restaurant, on the app?  Also are speciality restaurant menus available in advance?    We typically like to check out the menus in advance and if nothing floats our boat then go to buffet.  We also haven't booked any speciality resturants (they are all showing as "not available to book" on the app) but I understand spots will become available onboard....would like to see menus tho before booking since we don't have a dining package so will need to pay for this.  

Thanks again!

Margaritaville was open for lunch on embarkation day.  Very quiet up there.  $15 charge though.

Once on board, put your phone in airplane mode and select NCL’s WiFi.  It should prompt you to log in to your plan.  Also you can log in via the app.  Any problems, go see the internet manager on deck 6 off the atrium.

The menus are available at the restaurant reservation desk which I think was near guest services and maybe in the atrium.  The specialty restaurant menus do not change each day and are really pricey without the dining package.  Although, we thought Food Republic was a decent value.

On beverage package, if you go on website, it should be listed in your summary. All our free at seas are there including the OBC credit from TA. 

We have never been on NCL either but seems similar to other main lines. 

Tip: have fun..one I hope to take! 

44 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

So will our keycards have "beverage package" or something similar imprinted on them that we can clearly see?  

Yes, used to say UBP for ultimate beverage package, might be PBP now for premium beverage package. I've never had a problem with this. I think they'll get it right.

50 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Thanks for the response!

....are dinner menus for free dining rooms posted in advance? 

If so where...outside restaurant, on the app? 

Also are speciality restaurant menus available in advance?    .  

Thanks again!

yes.

Both!

yes.  again, posted near the door and on the app.  Actually, if you search the internet and/or these boards long enough, you should be able to find them now.

Enjoy!

Dinner menu for main dining room is posted outside of dining room usually around 2 pm. Specialty menus are posted outside each restaurant as well.  Hallway doors to cabins are locked and will open around 2pm so you won't be able to check out your room until then. Luggage arrives sometime in afternoon and up to 5pm. I put a luggage tag on everything except my purse so it all get delivered to room. Don't like carrying bags around once boarded. Pretty much all dining areas will be busy because the first thing everyone does is get a drink and eat.  You can try O'Shehans for lunch or either Taste/Savor for a sit down lunch but expect to wait in line.

3 hours ago, bebe08 said:

There will be an announcement made when the cabins are ready for occupancy. Typically they will have the fire doors closed to lock off the cabin hallways until then, but sometimes not...and we have often been able to go to our cabin and leave our hand luggage, but we try to see the cabin steward to let them know. 

One of the main dining rooms will be open for lunch on embarkation day. This is usually the least crowded venue. 

Your key card will have a 3 letter code on it that indicates your beverage package.

As noted above, put your phone (or tablet or whatever) in airplane mode then turn on just the wifi. Connect to the NCL wifi and you will be prompted to log in and create your account password. Instructions are on the cabin TV's or you can visit the internet lounge if you need help. One thing to know: Only one device can be signed in on the account at a time. If you have multiple devices or want to share the account with your cabin-mate(s) then the device that's currently logged in will have to log off and the other device can log in.

The Norwegian App (IOS or Android) is helpful to have as well. Download it before you board the ship. Then open it and you will be able to log in and see your cabin account, view any reservations you have. Of course, you can always check these same things on the TV in your cabin.

You can also use the Norwegian App to text between devices on the ship. Each device must be running the app, and each device must pay a one time $9.99 (U.S.) fee. No internet minutes or package is required for this service, it's done through the ship's wifi service. 

Have a great cruise!

Edited by VideoTech