Trying to cancel

Strawberry field

It is possible to contact them by email, but since the T&C require a phone call (plus see below) it’s probably best to stick to that.  So much easier and better to use a good cruise agent though - avoids all the poor service from P&O.

If you have made your booking directly with P&O Cruises please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0345 355 5111 (calls charged at local rate). Please note that this is for direct bookings only, and any booking that has been made through a travel agent you will be asked to contact them to discuss any changes or cancellations.

Edited by Harry Peterson

4 minutes ago, Strawberry field said:

Thanks Harry

Just a case of keep trying then eventually I will get through. I’m just pleased I’m not trying to book a cruise. They must lose bookings by being so difficult to get hold of.

Thanks again 

Have you tried the freefone number in Sharrons sticky at the top of the page?  It is 0800 052 3840, at least you won't be charged for holding on.

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Isn’t that effectively a premium rate number these days for most people (08 code)?

Sorry about that I seem to have copied the wrong number, blame senility, try this instead.

023 8065 5000

Edited by terrierjohn

5 hours ago, Strawberry field said:

Hi

We have a cruise booked on Iona in June which unfortunately we have to cancel but I have spent over two hours holding on the phone to do so. Is there any other way to cancel like email for instance?

Thanks for any help

I had a similar problem with being on hold for ages, on anothe P&O group I was told to message them on FB messenger P&O responded about an hour later and everything was sorted

• Like 1

I find delays like this from a company trying to sell its products incredible. And as a Carnival shareholder (like so many other forum members) it annoys me, because bad customer service puts people off, quite apart from potentially lost sales.

It’s almost as if they’re trying to drive people into the hands of TAs (possible) so they can reduce staffing. 

Personally, this thread should be a warning to people not to book direct. Higher prices (no TA discount) but lousy service.

44 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I find delays like this from a company trying to sell its products incredible. And as a Carnival shareholder (like so many other forum members) it annoys me, because bad customer service puts people off, quite apart from potentially lost sales.

It’s almost as if they’re trying to drive people into the hands of TAs (possible) so they can reduce staffing. 

Personally, this thread should be a warning to people not to book direct. Higher prices (no TA discount) but lousy service.

Just to provide some balance, I have never had lousy service booking around 20 cruises direct, nor when contacting them about cruises if required. Wait time on the phone has not been an issue because it has been a few minutes at most. Obviously some are not as fortunate but please don’t condemn the whole organisation over the unfortunate, bad experiences of a minority.

I had to call this evening to cancel our cabin (a price drop made it worth forfeiting our £88 deposit, as we then saved £300 on the lower priced cabin) and I managed to get answered after 8 mins-not great but not as bad as I anticipated. The adviser was lovely and very helpful, sorting out our dining on the new booking and re-linking is with other friends on the same sailing. I got through on this number: ‭0345 355 5111‬

17 hours ago, Elaine0138 said:

I had a similar problem with being on hold for ages, on anothe P&O group I was told to message them on FB messenger P&O responded about an hour later and everything was sorted

I'm glad to hear about that FB messenger option.  I live in the U.S. and cannot use the free phone number so when I'm on hold with the regular phone number it really adds up.

1 hour ago, Strawberry field said:

Thanks everyone I finally got through after a very long time to cancel our holiday. We have always booked direct and found it fine but after this next time I will consider a TA.

In everything there are negatives and positives. For example we were on the recent cruise on the Ventura that broke down where we got a 50% refund,  those who booked direct with po have been refunded almost immediately. However we booked through a TA and are still waiting. To add to the scenario our additional expenses are still awaiting  authorization from po.

So it could be potluck ?