medication

rosacar

Yes I have taken a small bottle of Oramorph with me on every cruise for the past 5 years. It is a drug I need occasionally rather than on a regular basis. We always sail from Southampton and I keep it locked in my cabin safe.

I do not have a specific letter from my doctor about the Oramorph although I do for other drugs such as my insulin injections but I do take my prescription sheet.

I have never had a problem taking my Oramorph on board.

Juliax

6 hours ago, berlingo said:

Yes I have taken a small bottle of Oramorph with me on every cruise for the past 5 years. It is a drug I need occasionally rather than on a regular basis. We always sail from Southampton and I keep it locked in my cabin safe.

I do not have a specific letter from my doctor about the Oramorph although I do for other drugs such as my insulin injections but I do take my prescription sheet.

I have never had a problem taking my Oramorph on board.

Juliax

Thank you thats reassuring, do you have to inform the insurance ?

The travel insurance policy I have ( which was is brilliant by the way) does not require any medical details at all. Therefore I do not advise them of any medication I am prescribed.

From past experience with other insurance companies they have asked questions about treatment such as chemotherapy, surgery etc and this has had a bearing on the policy they offered. If I was still using this type of provider I would definitely tell them if I was prescribed Oramorph. 

10 hours ago, berlingo said:

The travel insurance policy I have ( which was is brilliant by the way) does not require any medical details at all. Therefore I do not advise them of any medication I am prescribed.

Can you tell us the insurers name please.

I also take oramorph with me on every cruise. Like the above poster, I only travel from Southampton, so no flights to deal with, and keep the bottle locked away in my cabin. I don't take it ashore with me.

My insurance company ask whether I take morphine when they ask the questions specific to my condition during medical screening.