Questions on Ho Ho trolley in Boston Mass.

pattyj 1204

On 1/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, d9704011 said:

Have a great time.  Good thing you’re planning on using the HOHO before your cruise... when ships are in port it’s nearly impossible to get on/off the trolleys due to the crowds.

We found the same issue Columbus Day weekend 2018.  Easy to get off to view a site/attraction but difficult to get back on to continue journey. Good overview of Boston but would question the need for 3 days. A pass for the T might work better days 2 and 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a long walk or possible to walk to Quincy Market from the ship.  With all the post about hard it is to get back on the HoBo we thought about just walking. Didn't know if that's a good idea and what else is I  walking distance.

1 hour ago, D & S said:

Is it a long walk or possible to walk to Quincy Market from the ship.  With all the post about hard it is to get back on the HoBo we thought about just walking. Didn't know if that's a good idea and what else is I  walking distance.

Not a tough walk, it's flat, but not IMHO terribly interesting once you cross the Ft. Point Channel into the Seaport District.  If you decide to stroll back to the ship you can stop at the Harpoon Brewery and have a restorative beer or pick up a sandwich/sweet at Flour an amazingly good bakery.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:06 PM, pattyj 1204 said:

My husband is considering another hotel in a "safer" area. We are not big city folks and don't want to run into any trouble on our trip. What about the yotel hotel? I thought I remembered reading something about it, but for the life of me I can't find it again. If it was in a book instead of the net, I'm sure I could track down where I saw it. I've checked and it is on the Trolley line. 

Speaking of books, I should probably check out our library or the local Barnes and Noble. 

We will be on the same cruise. We are staying at Marriott Towne Place Suites (near Logan Airport) 30 Eastern Ave. 2 1/2 miles into Boston. 

9 hours ago, Travelingnonni99 said:

We will be forvon the same cruise. We are staying at Marriott Towne Place Suites (near Logan Airport) 30 Eastern Ave. 2 1/2 miles into Boston. 

For an overnight this would be fine. There isn't much nearby. I park in an off airport lot  which is across the intersection from the hotel. You'll  need to take the hotel shuttle or the MBTA bus (stop is across the street) to get into the city. Also by the bus stop is an entrance to the Chelsea Greenway or you can watch the cargo ships and the drawbridge (a cool thing to see as long as you aren't trying to get to/from off airport lot)