Buying Cheers On Board

ChristianDamon

1 hour ago, ChristianDamon said:

I’ve got OBC to use which is why I’m not buying in advance...

Does the amount of your OBC negate the pre-purchase discount of 10%?  I guess it would only need to be about $50/pp, but sometimes OBC can be as low as $50/cabin.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Do they have a discount if you purchase ON-BOARD the first day? Or is that only online? I too would like to use OBC to help pay for it. If no discount on-board, then it does negate buying on the ship.

No discounts once on board ship. 😎

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rvsullivan said:

Per the FAQ's I don't think this correct. Purchase for the entire cruise or none at all! The only exception is cruises for Texas and NY where it is not allowed on the first day.

In my experience this has been the case.  Sailing from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, I was charged for the 7 days, and then they credited the drinks from the first day when I purchased Cheers on the second day.

Edited by naxer
clarity

5 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Can you still buy cheers on the second day and pay for 1 less day?

Not quite. If you buy Cheers on day 2, you still have to pay for all the days of your cruise. There is no discount. Drinks purchased on day 1 and 2 will be credited to your Cheers purchase.

Edited by Sean_B
Clarity. I made a boo-boo.

1 minute ago, Roscoe13 said:

False! 

Would you care to explain which part of my statement is false?

As per the Carnival website:

"Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise; this program is not offered on a per day basis"

The Carnival website is very clear about purchasing for the entire duration of the cruise. If you experienced something different, it was contrary to Carnival's written policy.

5 minutes ago, Sean_B said:

Would you care to explain which part of my statement is false?

As per the Carnival website:

"Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise; this program is not offered on a per day basis"

The Carnival website is very clear about purchasing for the entire duration of the cruise. If you experienced something different, it was contrary to Carnival's written policy.

You can buy it on day 1 or on day 2 and get credit for drinks purchased on day 1. But after day 2 it's not available for sale. 

3 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

You can buy it on day 1 or on day 2 and get credit for drinks purchased on day 1. But after day 2 it's not available for sale. 

Ahhh, I was given bad info from a cruiser then. Thank you.

I've edited my previous post to reflect the new info.

Edited by Sean_B

42 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Thanks for the update.  We haven’t bought cheers in 5 or so years.  
Things have changed a little bit. 
 In the past you could buy it on day 2 and only pay 6 days instead of 7 And pay al la cart on day one 
  We would drink our carry on wine the first day and  buy cheers On day 2. 
    I do agree that you could never buy it past day two

I guess that won’t work this time so we will probably pass on cheers. 

13 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

You don’t get credit for day one if you buy Cheers on day two. Any drinks you buy on day one are separate and not part of the Cheers program. A couple we cruised with a few months ago had this exact scenario. Of course if they had listened to my wife and I they would have bought Cheers before the cruise like we suggested multiple times.