Toddler-friendly hotel recommendations in Miami / Miami Beach

dcipjr

Hi all, we're sailing in February from Miami on Friday, Feb 14th on the NCL Joy, and are getting into Miami 2 days prior, on Wednesday evening. We're looking for a hotel recommendation. 

My wife and I have a two-year old daughter, so it'll be the three of us. Last time we sailed from Miami, it was just my wife and I, and we stayed downtown. It was nice, but the hotel we stayed in (Aloft Miami Brickell) is a bit pricey this time around, so we were looking for other options. 

I was considering Miami Beach, thinking that it'll allow us to walk around more, go to the beach, etc. -- might be easier for a family than downtown Miami. 

I'm just not sure what hotel to choose. We're not looking for a lot of nightlife, or amenities—just a comfortable place to sleep that's quiet, and walking distance from stuff that would be good for a family. Less than $200 a night would be ideal. Wi-Fi would be great, too, since I'm planning on working remotely on that Thursday and part of Friday before we leave for the pier.

Any recommendations?

February is peak tourist season - under $200 for anyplace you'd want to stay will be a challenge.  There at also some parts of South Beach that are less than family friendly. 😨

Have you looked at the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell?  Lots of nearby shopping and dining options, pool, free breakfast, and a shuttle to the port (fee).  The hotel can set you up with hop-on/off bus tours or you are a quick Uber ride from South Beach.

12 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

February is peak tourist season - under $200 for anyplace you'd want to stay will be a challenge.  There at also some parts of South Beach that are less than family friendly. 😨

Have you looked at the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell?  Lots of nearby shopping and dining options, pool, free breakfast, and a shuttle to the port (fee).  The hotel can set you up with hop-on/off bus tours or you are a quick Uber ride from South Beach.

I noticed that...silly me, I figured that it would be cheap because it was before Spring Break, and didn't think February would be super crowded. Right...that's when everyone wants to go to Florida. 😄 

What parts of Miami Beach should I avoid? There are some reasonably-priced hotels here and there, I just want to make I'm in a family-friendly area.

I looked at Hilton / Marriott properties because I have status with them through Amex, but they're all super expensive for those dates. The Hampton Inn one in particular was almost $400/night. 

Hopefully a local will be able to provide you with some specific suggestions for South Beach. 

Miami Beach is a separate city from Miami and goes quite a distance north along the coast - if not careful you can be quite a distance from South Beach, downtown and the port.

South of Fifth in South Beach will be more family friendly.  I would take a look on Hotwire and you may be able to get something in your budget.  Dining will be Midtown Manhattan expensive tho.

I would take a long, hard look at Silver Sands Beach Resort on Key Biscayne.  I love Key Biscayne because it is all families and all toddlers want is a bucket, a shovel, and a bunch of sand.  I love eating at The Rusty Pelican on the Key.  The Ritz Carlton is also a nice place for a sunset cocktail and let the little one toddle around.

Lastly, Coral Gables may be an option for you.  Probably not the Biltmore but there are a lot of moderate hotels in the area some are walking distance to great dining and shopping.  I love Ortanique for dining and it is a Gables staple.

Close by Coconut Grove is also an option.