Aft suites on Sky Princess

Chefwoody

Sky seems to have very few posts regarding her aft suites.  Sister ships Royal and Regal both suffer from soot accumulating on the decks (and subsequently being tracked into the room).  Anyone sailing her recently have intel on that?.  I'm thrilled they brought back the aft adult pool.  So nice to watch the fan tail while looking out over the edge of the pool.  But the soot on the glorious aft corner suites is a game killer.  Kind of surprised there's be no mention of it yet.  Anyway... any and all feed back welcome - But please, keep it related to Sky Princess.  Thanks.  

6 minutes ago, Chefwoody said:

Sky seems to have very few posts regarding her aft suites.  Sister ships Royal and Regal both suffer from soot accumulating on the decks (and subsequently being tracked into the room).  Anyone sailing her recently have intel on that?.  I'm thrilled they brought back the aft adult pool.  So nice to watch the fan tail while looking out over the edge of the pool.  But the soot on the glorious aft corner suites is a game killer.  Kind of surprised there's be no mention of it yet.  Anyway... any and all feed back welcome - But please, keep it related to Sky Princess.  Thanks.  

I was in a balcony cabin next to an aft Marina corner suite on the Sky for almost a month.

There was soot on the balcony for the entire cruise. 

I confirmed this with Stewart, he was my attendant too.

He was not happy about having to clean it everyday.

There was also soot on the aft pool area deck 16 and the aft smoking area deck 17.

We had a mess on the Royal in D726.

Seems it is still a problem.

I spent alot of time at the aft pool.

Although only 3ft it was a fantastic view.

We had no soot whatsoever while in E729 (aft starboard corner) for the 3-day Sky Inaugural Getaway. However, Jan Swartz (President, Princess Cruises) was aboard and they may have made a special effort in this regard. I'm taking my chances and booked D726 (aft port corner) on the Discovery.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I have not heard that before.

For us with Dolphin deck aft corner suites on the Regal/Royal having lots of soot I would beg to differ.

I read the information about the lower decks on CC. I think the corner rooms may get more soot

due to "more real estate" ….. maybe someday  🌞 Regardless, soot or not, we do not let it bother

us at all.

We were in D730, an  aft facing Deluxe balcony on Sky for a week and saw some soot the first afternoon we boarded. Never had a problem after that day. I guess the wind was in our favor that week. Loved the size of the balcony and the serenity of the wake view.😊

Edited by Mom33
  • Like 1