Sky Princess Main Dining Room & Patters

SimonPaco

When reading reviews of Sky Princess I saw mention of now having to pay a fee for some steak and seafood items on the menu. Can anyone clarify this change?

We usually reserve traditional dining at 5:30. We received notification that it is now moved up to 5:00. Can anyone verify which dining room seats the 5:00 seating time? Or better yet...which dining room is designated for the 5:00 seating and which is the ATD location?  
I have been searching of anyone has posted the Sky Patters without success. Has anyone come across them yet? If yes - where do I find it? 

5 minutes ago, SimonPaco said:

When reading reviews of Sky Princess I saw mention of now having to pay a fee for some steak and seafood items on the menu. Can anyone clarify this change?

We usually reserve traditional dining at 5:30. We received notification that it is now moved up to 5:00. Can anyone verify which dining room seats the 5:00 seating time? Or better yet...which dining room is designated for the 5:00 seating and which is the ATD location?  
I have been searching of anyone has posted the Sky Patters without success. Has anyone come across them yet? If yes - where do I find it? 

These are Crown Grill select entree's.

They are on all Princess menus on all ships since approx. March 2018

Still lots of great choices for free.

The times onboard are usually 30 minutes later than you are seeing pre cruise.

There is no way to really tell until you are onboard as the MD can adjust them at will.

192B73B0-1B6F-42C7-93F0-8260F2746E44.jpeg

Thanks for your quick reply! The reviewers stated there is now a fee some of the seafood and steak items in the MDR. I have been to Crown Grill several times and know there is an additional charge for the Crown and Sabatini’s. The posters stated this was the first time they saw an “up charge” for select items in MDR.  A new trend on Princess? I guess I will find out next month on the Sky - I am so ready to escape winter in MI! Thanks again. 

10 minutes ago, SimonPaco said:

Thanks for your quick reply! The reviewers stated there is now a fee some of the seafood and steak items in the MDR. I have been to Crown Grill several times and know there is an additional charge for the Crown and Sabatini’s. The posters stated this was the first time they saw an “up charge” for select items in MDR.  A new trend on Princess? I guess I will find out next month on the Sky - I am so ready to escape winter in MI! Thanks again. 

I did a live thread here on Cruise Critic from the Sky from Nov 10th to Dec 1st. (Rome to Ft Lauderdale)

The Sky has the same thing in the menu. I just ignore it.

Believe me there are many options for a nice meal without having to shell out any additional $$.

The buffet on the Sky (Royal Class ships) is incredible.

I do love the Crown Grill though and go at least once or twice during a cruise.

The MDR offers some items off the Crown Grill menu. That is where the extra charge comes in. Look at the Princess website for deck plans. I had 5:15 pm dinner in dining room at front of ship. Cannot remember the name. The food there was good. 

Many thanks to you all on posting info, menus and Princess Patters! Wow! I truly appreciate the feedback. Great reading on a snowy, cold and icy Sunday morning in West MI. All of you have increased my excitement for our Sky Princess cruise next month. The “Love Boat” theme music is playing in my head! Thanks again!

• Like 2

Thank you so much for posting the Sky Patters.  Noted the set time *(traditional) dining is at 5:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m..  However the show time is either 8 p.m. / 9:15 p.m., or 8 p.m. / 10 p.m., or a production show at 8:30 p.m..  It seems for those who choose late set dining time will inevitably miss some of the shows......  

4 hours ago, orientodyssey said:

Thank you so much for posting the Sky Patters.  Noted the set time *(traditional) dining is at 5:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m..  However the show time is either 8 p.m. / 9:15 p.m., or 8 p.m. / 10 p.m., or a production show at 8:30 p.m..  It seems for those who choose late set dining time will inevitably miss some of the shows......  

we’re on the Sky now. Show times are 6:30 for late seating and 8:30 for early seating. Shows last 45 minutes. We have late seating and going to the show at 6:30 works for us.  

Thanks for posting the patters.  Just noticed that the Circle Host on the Sky, Michelle Loubser, was the same one that was on the Star back in April of 2017.  We really liked her.  She seemed to be everywhere helping out, especially on port days.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jeromep said:

Thanks for posting the patters.  Just noticed that the Circle Host on the Sky, Michelle Loubser, was the same one that was on the Star back in April of 2017.  We really liked her.  She seemed to be everywhere helping out, especially on port days.

We chatted with her a bit as we switched from Ruby to Platinum on our December back to back cruises, which the system didn't automatically do while onboard. She got it all taken care of quickly, as well as invites for things that we didn't realize were part of the perks. We saw her multiple times over the rest of the 2nd sailing, always seemed really pleasant and helpful