ms Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam in Port Everglades January 12, 2020

Scrapnana

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I will be on the Koningsdam/  Wish I was on the NS. who will be my captain?

You'll have the Irish-Dutchman, Capt. Werner Timmers, Father, the man with a great sense of humor 

Related image

Enjoy the K-dam and please don't forget to have a "Broodje Kroket" in the Grand Dutch Cafe! You'll like it, I promise 😉 

Edited by Copper10-8

15 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Two captains; Sijbe de Boer and Noel O'Driscoll. Newly promoted Kevin Breinaert is going elsewhere after his first contract. On 23 Feb you are scheduled to have the Irish captain which, I'm almost certain, will make you a happy camper 🙂

Captain Kevin Beirnaert will supervise the construction of MS Rijndam after his current rotation, as he has done the same for her older sisters. At least, that is the plan...

6 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Captain Kevin Beirnaert will supervise the construction of MS Rijndam after his current rotation, as he has done the same for her older sisters. At least, that is the plan...

Roger that, but he wasn't a captain yet for the first two and I'm kinda thinking he won't be Ryndam's 'take out captain' next year. Wouldn't he rather be "captaining" a ship?

11 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

You'll have the Irish-Dutchman, Capt. Werner Timmers, Father, the man with a great sense of humor 

Related image

Enjoy the K-dam and please don't forget to have a "Broodje Kroket" in the Grand Dutch Cafe! You'll like it, I promise 😉 

John That is good to know.   I have a good sense of humor myself.  If we are ever on the same ship at the same time you would find that out if we spent 10 minutes together.  I am also quick on the come back.  When I was a boy my dad would it was too bad I was not that fast with the answers in school.  maybe some day we will meet.  What is a "Broodje Kroket" and is it bad for a diabetic?

Edited by Himself
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Himself said:

John That is good to know.   I have a good sense of humor myself.  If we are ever on the same ship at the same time you would find that out if we spent 10 minutes together.  I am also quick on the come back.  When I was a boy my dad would it was too bad I was not that fast with the answers in school.  maybe some day we will meet.  What is a "Broodje Kroket" and is it bad for a diabetic?

Hi Father; a "Broodje Kroket" in Koningsdam's Grand Dutch Cafe looks like this (see pic below). A kroket is a Dutch delicacy, typically cylindrical in shape, filled with a meat ragout, very crispy and crunchy on the outside, super soft and smooth inside, with strands of meat (very similar to the much smaller "bitterballen"). Een "broodje" (little bread in Dutch) is the bun that it comes with.

When I was a young boy growing up in Holland, I used to accompany my dad on Sundays to the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam to watch one of Amsterdam's two professional soccer teams, DWS (Ajax, much more known internationally, was the other one). During half-time, a kroket, with or without its "broodje" was standard fare. I'm not a doctor but one of those "broodje kroket," I believe, would be ok for a diabetic. Enjoy your upcoming cruise and, yes, would be great to meet up one of these days - we're planning on making a trip to Chicago in August so, who knows 😉 

Image may contain: food

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Hi Father; a "Broodje Kroket" in Koningsdam's Grand Dutch Cafe looks like this (see pic below). A kroket is a Dutch delicacy, typically cylindrical in shape, filled with a meat ragout, very crispy and crunchy on the outside, super soft and smooth inside, with strands of meat (very similar to the much smaller "bitterballen"). Een "broodje" (little bread in Dutch) is the bun that it comes with.

When I was a young boy growing up in Holland, I used to accompany my dad on Sundays to the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam to watch one of Amsterdam's two professional soccer teams, DWS (Ajax, much more known internationally, was the other one). During half-time, a kroket, with or without its "broodje" was standard fare. I'm not a doctor but one of those "broodje kroket," I believe, would be ok for a diabetic. Enjoy your upcoming cruise and, yes, would be great to meet up one of these days - we're planning on making a trip to Chicago in August so, who knows 😉 

Image may contain: food

Or you can order it without the bun!

17 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Related image

Captain Timmers is great.   He is also an American, I believe.  He had an "Ask the Captain" every sea day when we were on board, and answered many questions, including how many trees we would have to plan to cover our carbon expenditure on the TA (turned out to be 1 1/2 trees each).

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Captain Timmers is great.   He is also an American, I believe.  He had an "Ask the Captain" every sea day when we were on board, and answered many questions, including how many trees we would have to plan to cover our carbon expenditure on the TA (turned out to be 1 1/2 trees each).

Born in Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant in the south of the Netherlands, he now resides in Florida, but he's as Dutch as a broodje kroket 😉 HAL does not have any U.S. captains, just that dude from north of our border, eh. Besides lots of Dutch, and a few Brit captains, they do now also have a Belgian, Canadian, two Irish and a Polish captain. And then there's John Scott 😉

Edited by Copper10-8

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Born in Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant in the south of the Netherlands, he now resides in Florida, but he's as Dutch as a broodje kroket 😉 HAL does not have any U.S. captains, just that dude from north of our border, eh. Besides lots of Dutch, and a few Brit captains, they do now also have a Belgian, Canadian, two Irish and a Polish captain. And then there's John Scott 😉

John Scott is a wonderful Captain.  His noonday reports were interesting and informative.