Cabin upgrade

DarlaSan64

We booked a cruise yesterday leaving out, today. My DH surprised me with a birthday cruise.There were quite a few balcony and OV rooms available. Can anyone give me a hint on how or if we can be moved from our inside to possibly one of those rooms and would we be charged?  Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, DarlaSan64 said:

We booked a cruise yesterday leaving out, today. My DH surprised me with a birthday cruise.There were quite a few balcony and OV rooms available. Can anyone give me a hint on how or if we can be moved from our inside to possibly one of those rooms and would we be charged?  Thank you. 

You can do a mock booking and find out how much.  Someone's offers could be very different from you.  Anyone looking to guess would need your exact sailing date and ship.  Every sailing, every ship varies wildly

14 minutes ago, DarlaSan64 said:

Just FYI-all those articles about "cruise secrets" that tell people they can get a more expensive stateroom just by asking is pure click bait

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DarlaSan64 said:

If you are leaving today I doubt if there is a chance for an upgrade. To be honest if you just booked yesterday you should have book the cabin you wanted. I have never been offered an upgrade for free.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DarlaSan64 said:

you can ask about an upgrade when you are checking in. If there are unsold cabins I have seen that happen. On my last cruise S

some people waiting near me got an upgrade from an OV to a balcony for $25 because they asked. 

2 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

5 years ago Carnival Xmas cruise out of LA.  I was given a free upgrade from inside to balcony.  It came through TA. I’m not sure why that would make a difference.

That would be because your original room was taken out of service

12 hours ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

you can ask about an upgrade when you are checking in. If there are unsold cabins I have seen that happen. On my last cruise S

some people waiting near me got an upgrade from an OV to a balcony for $25 because they asked. 

Does this really work at check in? I never heard of anyone trying it at that stage.

And what would happen to your luggage? Since the luggage tags would already be on and the bags handed off to the porters.

Edited by Cyn874

5 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

Does this really work at check in? I never heard of anyone trying it at that stage.

And what would happen to your luggage? Since the luggage tags would already be on and the bags handed off to the porters.

I’ve only tried it a couple of times with no luck, that was a few years ago. On my December cruise the couple waiting in the Diamond area where I was asked and got that upgrade. I have heard of others but that was the first one I actually saw happen that way. 

• Like 1