Good lobster lunch specials in Newport, RI

Gershep

On 1/13/2020 at 8:37 AM, sunsetbeachgal said:

Newport is a tender port, and the tender drops you off in an area right in town with numerous restaurants and shops.  We didn’t eat lobster there but most of them were featuring it. 

I use to frequent Rhode Island as a teenager.  Rhode Island is primarily known for lobster rolls.    Maine and Boston is where you can find excellent lobster!   My husband and I went to a bar in Boston and ate two 2-lb lobsters.  They were so sweet!

Go to the Newport Lobster Shack. They have both lobster 'dinners' and two sizes of lobster rolls. Yes it is a food truck, but it is some of the best lobster you will ever eat. It is operated by a consortium of the lobster fishermen. They are located very close to Perotti Park (the tender pier) at the corner of Long Wharf and Washington Street. 

Edited by Pepper0074
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pepper0074 said:

Go to the Newport Lobster Shack. They have both lobster 'dinners' and two sizes of lobster rolls. Yes it is a food truck, but it is some of the best lobster you will ever eat. It is operated by a consortium of the lobster fishermen. They are located very close to Perotti Park (the tender pier) at the corner of Long Wharf and Washington Street. 

How far of a walk is that from the ship? Thank you!

14 hours ago, Gershep said:

How far of a walk is that from the ship? Thank you!

When you get off of the tender, you will be in Perotti Park. It is a small park bordered by the harbor on the west, the Harbor Master's building on the south, America's Cup Avenue on the east and Long Wharf on the north. Turn to your left (north), you will see a wire sculpture of seals. Walk towards it. There is frequently but not always a van from the Visitor's Center parked by the statue. The road that borders the park on that side is Long Wharf. Walk to that street. Make a left on Long Wharf. You will continue to walk along the harbor. You will pass the Newport Yacht Club and Long Wharf Inn/Resort.  At the end of the street is the State pier 9. You are there! It is a flat easy walk and depending on your speed takes 3-5 minutes. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...