Resorts in Mexican Riviera for toddler

Avondra

I looked in the Ports of Call forum, but didnt see much that was helpful.  We will be cruising the Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, and Mazatlan) in April with our 23-month-old.  We are likely just going to stick to resorts because she is not a calm toddler that would do well where she has to be contained anywhere!  Any recommendations on resorts that are good for toddlers that offer day passes?

It has been years (my twins are teens now), but I did that itinerary many times with them as toddlers and did exactly what you plan - visited a resort in each port.  You would have to look each one up to see what changes have happened, but at the time, we walked to the Krysal in Puerto Vallarta (playground, kids pool, beach with palapas) where you could pay to get in and that fee went against your food/beverage purchase.  In Mazatlan there was nothing walkable so I booked the ship's "day at the beach" excursion which was taxi transport to a hotel with a day pass.  Cabo has a restaurant where you can use the beach if you buy lunch - I don't remember the name, but we were there a few times.  That one requires either a quick boat taxi (I brought swim vests for my girls and it requires getting out of the boat in the water near the beach) or a longer car taxi.  We also stayed on the ship sometimes in Cabo to avoid the tender if the seas were rough - the transfer from the ship onto the tender with squirmy toddlers didn't thrill me.  

You might want to post in the Ports of Call forum for more up to date info.  

Edited by Kerry's Girls

For Puerto Vallarta I have heard that Crown Paradise Club offers day passes. If that is true, that would be a great spot for you in PV. It is close to port, and is very kid friendly as far as the pools go. My family and I spent a week there last summer and our son really enjoyed the kid atmosphere. For Mazatlan, I would recommend just going to stone island. It  is something that you can easily get to via the water taxi, and the water is very calm. There are plenty of places there on the beach where you can grab food and drinks without breaking the bank. Cabo... there I dont really have much info for you. We have been but mostly have just stuck around Medano beach and splashed with our son there. We have done the itinerary multiple times with him and he was always good there even at his youngest which was when he was about a year and a half. 

• 3 months later...

^^^ Agreed with Crown Paradise Club. We went there with our 2 year old and it was perfect. They have a huge water area that is just for kids with small slides and stuff. There is also a playground. On the other side of the resort is an adults only pool and such. Of course there is beach, regular pool, all the other things you'd expect from a resort. 

The location can't be beat either, it's literally a 5 minute walk from the pier.