Theme nights

Terpsfan1

Does anybody know if there are any "special nights" on this cruise.  I am referring to "white parties" where all participants wear white or Gatsby parties where participants dress in period costumes.  I have heard people mention these, but can not get any definitive answers.  I have called Celebrity and they say there is nothing planned but chic dress nights.  However,  I have been onboard where the cruise line did not announce these things ahead of time.

While it is not advertised in advance it is not uncommon for them to have a Full Moon Party with recommend white dress.   I was also on a Reflection Cruise where they had a weird White Party one night in the Solarium with Fog, black lights and entertainers in floating plastic balls in the pool.  

These are not usually advertised as White Parties you may find the Full Moon parties listed in the APP.

1 hour ago, Terpsfan1 said:

Does anybody know if there are any "special nights" on this cruise.  I am referring to "white parties" where all participants wear white or Gatsby parties where participants dress in period costumes.  I have heard people mention these, but can not get any definitive answers.  I have called Celebrity and they say there is nothing planned but chic dress nights.  However,  I have been onboard where the cruise line did not announce these things ahead of time.

Here is what Equinox listed as Theme Parties on our cruise:

Silent Disco (2 nights)

Full Moon Party

Party Like Gatsby 

Celebrity Rox 

Hope this helps...

7 minutes ago, keesar said:

Here is what Equinox listed as Theme Parties on our cruise:

Silent Disco (2 nights)

Full Moon Party

Party Like Gatsby 

Celebrity Rox 

Hope this helps...

Thank you so much. Did they send you that information ahead of time or where did you find it?

The question about White Nights theme nights is asked periodically.  A number of years ago someone asked, and I responded that I had not seen one.  Lo and behold -- someone else posted a copy of a Celebrity Today with a White Night listed.  Since then I have been on several cruises with White Nights, but I have also seen a photo of a White Nights on a British cruise ship, and the Celebrity White Nights are not the same.   I don't know about others -- but I like red wine, and the idea of white clothing on a moving ship while drinking red wine makes me wince.

And to "Terpsfan1" -- the events are listed in the Celebrity Today.  It is not sent to passengers ahead of boarding.

4 minutes ago, Terpsfan1 said:

Thank you so much. Did they send you that information ahead of time or where did you find it?

I did not find out ahead of time.  It was listed in the Early Edition handout in a section called Celebrity Life Activities.   

6 hours ago, Terpsfan1 said:

And did you get this after you boarded?

Yes.   We received an early edition of the Daily upon checking in and the theme nights were listed on the back of the Daily.

Themes vary according to the ship/cruise director.  We have had Theme Nights including Motown, Abba, British Rock, 60's, 70's, 80's, Latin, etc.  

On the Equinox last year, for "dressing up" theme nights, we had learned in advance about these theme nights from our roll call, so we planned... Onboard, they were only announced on the day, deep into the daily schedule--not even on the front-page "evening attire" section.

Full Moon Party

Full Moon (aka white night) took place on deck around 11pm. It wasn't even close to the full moon, lol!  Very few of us, along with the entertainment staff, actually wore white, nothing else happened--no special "white" snacks (cauliflower and white dip, sweets) or drinks (white Russians, etc.), as has happened in the past. No themed music--no Nights in White Satin, even.

Motown Night

Motown took place in the Crow's Nest* at about 11pm.  The dancers came in sparkly outfits and did a short dance to Jackson 5, then band played Mortown music for another 40 minutes, then it was taped disco music. No one but us dressed up--and our waiter asked if I was being a hippie! No, I was Aretha with her hair, big earrings and long scarf; apparently the waitstaff had no idea about the theme nights either.

*sorry the X name escapes me: that's HAL for the very top forward sea viewing/dance band/bar/trivia area

So it was pretty disappointing. We have been to amazing events in the past, tho not on Celebriy, lol. The entire cruise was ABBA-themed on Brilliance once: 3 trivias, a famous tribute band on main stage, smaller venue musicians played ABBA too, lots of dressing up. 

6 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

The entire cruise was ABBA-themed on Brilliance once: 3 trivias, a famous tribute band on main stage, smaller venue musicians played ABBA too, lots of dressing up. 

Yikes.  I would have disembarked at the first port. 😉

• Haha 1