Carnival Cruise Line Cheers! Package

ultimateDragon

17 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

A few questions........is there a way to keep track of the number of drinks you've had like on the Hub app?  Does a bucket of beer count a one drink against the cheers package?  Thanks.

No, but once you hit 10 drinks it will be on your receipt that you only have 5 left for the day.  With buckets, one is charged against your Cheers account and the other 4 are charged to your sail n sign since it's assumed they are for friends.  You can always get unopened beers at the end of the day to store in your frig to carry over for the next day or to take ashore with you.  YMMV

33 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

No, but once you hit 10 drinks it will be on your receipt that you only have 5 left for the day.  With buckets, one is charged against your Cheers account and the other 4 are charged to your sail n sign since it's assumed they are for friends.  You can always get unopened beers at the end of the day to store in your frig to carry over for the next day or to take ashore with you.  YMMV

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I read that if you stay on the ship during a port day and you order a drink, you have to pay port taxes.  Can anyone tell me what the tax would be?  I'm sure it varies from port to port.  TIA

The only time I have been charged port taxes is when in US waters - the home port and Puerto Rico.  Not sure what happens in USVI.  Never been charged port taxes in any true foreign port (that I recall).

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

A few questions........is there a way to keep track of the number of drinks you've had like on the Hub app?  Does a bucket of beer count a one drink against the cheers package?  Thanks.

As noted, not, the HUB app doesn't (or didn't, who knows now) tell you where you are at in drinks for the day - partly possibly because a drink might not have registered in the system yet (MDR drinks seem to take a while to register), and they don't want to provide inaccurate data.

I thought I understood that any "bucket of beer" packages were a stand-alone purchase, not that the first drink counted to Cheers and you paid the rest.  From the Carnival Cheers FAQ:

CHEERS! excludes:

> Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

But maybe if you get one beer on Cheers, the cost of the remainder of the beers in a bucket sold as individual beers is still less than the "discount" you get buying the bucket outside Cheers.  So the bartenders help you get the best overall deal (assuming you are OK using up one of your Cheers drink allotments).

:shrug: I don't buy buckets of beer, so I cannot comment for sure on reality vs perceived rules.

I read that Cheers doesn’t cover drinks in the special containers like the monkey/coconuts and the fish cups. My question is how is this handled if you want one of these and have Cheers? Does it count as one of your 15 even though you have to buy it or will it not allow you to purchase it at all. 

10 hours ago, hebbynan said:

I read that Cheers doesn’t cover drinks in the special containers like the monkey/coconuts and the fish cups. My question is how is this handled if you want one of these and have Cheers? Does it count as one of your 15 even though you have to buy it or will it not allow you to purchase it at all. 

Buy a regular version of the drink using Cheers, and buy the container separately (usually about $5 or so less than if it held a drink).  Pour drink into your new container! 

i.e. if the "Monkey container with a drink special" is $15, you can buy just the container for $10.  These numbers are guesses and arbitrary - I can't remember actual figures.

We have two Carnival Tervis glasses procured exactly that way - one Blue Iguana Bar, one Red Frog Rum Bar.

It is possible you could buy the drink+container "for a friend" and bypass the Cheers package, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Empehi said:

Cheers package cost. What is the current Cheers Package cost? Do they ever go on sale? Is it cheaper to buy before the cruise? Thanks.

If you look at the Carnival FAQ, you can see that it is $5 cheaper (per day, per person) to purchase prior to boarding.

That same FAQ will lay out the costs - they vary based on cruise length, location (US vs Europe), and whether a Trans-Atlantic crossing, IIRC.

They almost never go on sale.  There was a sale on Cheers last year, first one I had ever seen (only been sailing with Carnival for 4 years).  It was about 20% off, IIRC.