Question on Steakhouse first night and MDR

SERK

Ok,  I am traveling with my family and my parents will be with us but in a separate stateroom.  We have early dining in MDR but have a reservation for Steakhouse our first night of cruise.  Does carnival already have our table assigned in MDR or will we have to go see the Maitre'D at MDR before going to Steakhouse to lock in our table with my parents?  My father is afraid if we don't show up in MDR first night they will assign our table to someone else and split us up.  

Edited by SERK

We usually eat the MDR most nights on cruise with the trip to Steakhouse plus Chef's Table.  I guess I was started to get concerned about it as well since our last cruise we did with the parents they had us split up from the beginning on first night.  We have no idea how that happened.  We just wanted to know if they will already have a definite reserved table at start of cruise.  I know people sometimes skip out on MDR during the trip but that's after the first night from my observation.  Thanks for the responses ya'll!

4 minutes ago, SERK said:

We usually eat the MDR most nights on cruise with the trip to Steakhouse plus Chef's Table.  I guess I was started to get concerned about it as well since our last cruise we did with the parents they had us split up from the beginning on first night.  We have no idea how that happened.  We just wanted to know if they will already have a definite reserved table at start of cruise.  I know people sometimes skip out on MDR during the trip but that's after the first night from my observation.  Thanks for the responses ya'll!

Make sure your booking numbers are linked to ensure the same dining table.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hockeyluver said:

Make sure your booking numbers are linked to ensure the same dining table.

We've always gone through TA.  How do I check that online myself?

6 minutes ago, SERK said:

We've always gone through TA.  How do I check that online myself?

You can't unfortunately s once you went with a TA.  Call them and make sure your booking are linked.  We travel with a couple couples and we make sure when we book we have each other's booking numbers so we can get them linked.

1 hour ago, hockeyluver said:

You can't unfortunately s once you went with a TA.  Call them and make sure your booking are linked.  We travel with a couple couples and we make sure when we book we have each other's booking numbers so we can get them linked.

Well crap...ok.  Will call tomorrow to be sure they didn't screw it up AGAIN.  I'm thinking about booking these myself in future.