Beverages Included?

jaikartar

This is my first cruise and I am going on HAL. Can anyone tell me what beverages are included with the price. I know that sodapop is not as well as any alcoholic beverages, but what about oj or any other juices? Besides tap water is there anything to drink that you do not have to pay extra for? :confused: Thx in advance.:)

Thank you all. That sounds perfect. Can you tell me if juices are available in the Lido during the day as well as for breakfast? Do they have a variety? I was just wondering whether I should pack small bottles of what I like in case I get a craving. I did end up calling HAL and was told the general rule of thumb is if it comes in a can or a bottle or is alcoholic, there will be a charge. Glad I don't a lot of pop.

I found out the choices depend somewhat on which ship you are on. We were on the Maasdam in December ....there were lots of kinds of juice in the mornings at breakfast (try the guava...it's wonderful), but during the day there was only water, ice tea and coffee in the Lido buffet area. We were on the Oosterdam a week ago and they had many more choices. Lots of types of juice in the mornings, just like Maasdam, but they also had lemonade, ice tea, coffee, cranberry juice cocktail and sometime fruit punch in the Lido area all the time.

Back in 2003 when we cruised on the Zuiderdam, they had a night that they had liquor on display in the atrium area. We were allowed to buy alcohol and take it back to our cabin for consumption. They told us the Zuiderdam was the only ship this was allowed on. At that time the Zuiderdam was the only Vista class ship. Do they still do this on the Vistas?

From what I now gather, the pop and juice is not free if you are staying in a verandah or penthouse suite. I would have thought the pop and juice would be free if you are in the highest category for a cabin and paying substantial dollars for the room. Are there any free perks with the penthouse? We are fairly new cruisers and have only cruised NCL and we had free pop of our choice and jugs of fresh juice daily.

Juice is complementary for everyone.

The biggest perk for staying in the penthouse is: you get to stay in the penthouse! The PH suite also gets all the perks the S-suites get. No more, no less.

Is the pop free in the mini bar if you are in a verandah suite or penthouse suite?

I don't think they are free in any accommodation. Of course, I can't be sure about that ... because I don't stay in suites, but I know in most cabins the soda and bottled water are replaced as you consume them. Your cabin steward is supposed to keep track of them and replace them as necessary. You are also provided with a receipt for the cost of what was replaced.

Now, I found out while onboard that not all cabin stewards are diligent about doing this, and at least one person I know was told that she had to call room service to get her cans of soda replenished, but I did not have that experience. Up until the last full day of the cruise, my soda supply was always kept full (three cans plus the bottle of water which I didn't use).

Blue skies ...

--rita

The "tap water" is filtered and very good. Coffee, tea, and real iced tea are included. I believe there is also juice included too (been a little while since my last HAL cruise).

Just to set the record correctly.. The tap water, known in Naval terms as "Potable Water," is distilled not filtered.

Archived