Viking Air-Target Arrival Time

rbslos18

Considering that Viking wants everyone checked in 2 hours before departure and that they are dealing with departing passengers until 10 am, most people using Viking Air can expect to arrive at the ship between 10 am and 3pm.

As you are already in Miami and trying to figure out the optimum time to arrive, you will want to know that food service will begin on board between 11:30 and Noon and end between 2 pm and 2:30 in the World Cafe and the Pool Grill.  All cabins should be ready for occupancy by 2pm and regardless of the official time of availability for your cabin category, cabins are usually ready well in advance of the stated time.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 8:18 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Considering that Viking wants everyone checked in 2 hours before departure and that they are dealing with departing passengers until 10 am, most people using Viking Air can expect to arrive at the ship between 10 am and 3pm.

As you are already in Miami and trying to figure out the optimum time to arrive, you will want to know that food service will begin on board between 11:30 and Noon and end between 2 pm and 2:30 in the World Cafe and the Pool Grill.  All cabins should be ready for occupancy by 2pm and regardless of the official time of availability for your cabin category, cabins are usually ready well in advance of the stated time.

@Peregrina651 Do you know if this is also the case for arrival times when the first night is an overnight in the embarkation city?

3 hours ago, seprout93 said:

@Peregrina651 Do you know if this is also the case for arrival times when the first night is an overnight in the embarkation city?

I know..I know.. as I have been on Viking Ocean and River where day 1 is arrival and day 2 is tour of city and then leave..

YES! it is exactly as peregrina651 said..

3 hours ago, seprout93 said:

It was on our Oct 16-28, 2018 Mediterranean Odyssey- Barcelona-Venice. We got in the day before, took a taxi to the pier around 11am.

CEH in MD

Our In the Wake of the Vikings cruise last September should have had the second day in Bergen, but because of hurricane Dorian we set sail Day 1 as soon as everyone was on board.  ( I don’t think anyone was left behind, not sure what they would have done if anyone had not arrived early enough on day 1). The decision was a good one as we avoided the worst of the weather, although it was bad enough!). 

1 hour ago, geffric said:

Perhaps, but what I said was to be applied only to that one situation -- pax arriving on Day 1 with a scheduled 5pm sail-away that day.

When it comes to arrival times, the operative is always "your mileage may differ."

While Viking aims to get us there as early in the day as possible, they are still entirely dependent on the airlines' ability to accomplish that goal --and there are so many variables to be considered in the process. 

3 hours ago, geffric said:

I know..I know.. as I have been on Viking Ocean and River where day 1 is arrival and day 2 is tour of city and then leave..

That was my experience with Viking out of Miami in October 2018 for the Cuba trips.  Buses from the airport seemed to arrive every 15-20  minutes after 12 noon.

If you drive and park at the terminal (Viking used / uses J, the first on the right), arriving before 2 pm will likely get you space inside the parking garage.  Not on the roof.