Is it possible to cruise without a drink package?

Annie43

17 minutes ago, eldrima said:

My wife and I are sailing on the Mariner in 3.5 weeks with the kids.  We booked adjoining rooms.  Does this mean we can each bring 2 bottles of wine on board?  Thanks!

Sure does!

On 1/19/2020 at 1:26 AM, Bery said:

Hi  We are new to RC.  If we bring the 2 allowed bottles of wine, is there a corkage fee?

I’ve brought an open bottle to the MDR and a closed bottle before.  On the past two cruises haven’t even been told there’s a corkage fee.  The nice thing was they stored the wine if we wanted it for the next night as well.  One thing I will do if we bring wine down is tip the waiter as a thank you for bringing over an ice bucket and pouring the wine during the evening. 

Don’t forget to ask your cabin steward for a corkscrew. 

Also don’t forget if you do a dining package (not individual night) you get 40% off a bottle a wine. 

Edited by Sail n Snow

For me, I always find the soft drink package worth it. Then I just get what ever drinks I like on board (usually one or two a day around the pool - sometimes less due to Diamond getting 3x drinks in the evening), ends up MUCH cheaper than buying the alcohol package in my opinion. But im not a big drinker. If you think you'll drink about 6+ alcoholic drinks a day I say its worth it, but otherwise id pay as you go. 

On 1/20/2020 at 6:54 AM, Annie43 said:

Thank you so much for all of the thoughtful responses.  Does anyone have a copy of the vintages wine menu with prices?  Also, are tapas available in Vintages on Serenade of the Seas? 

Go to google and search “wine list price vintages royal caribbean”  should be able to see some lists and some under photos.  

On 1/23/2020 at 4:21 PM, eldrima said:

My wife and I are sailing on the Mariner in 3.5 weeks with the kids.  We booked adjoining rooms.  Does this mean we can each bring 2 bottles of wine on board?  Thanks!

If you booked one adult in each room.

2 bottles per room, with at least 1 quest over 21.