What to do on Day1 on Navigator

LalaCoop

First time cruiser, ever, and super excited for our Feb 3 four night trip, but wondering what activities they have going on on boarding day.  My plan is to get on around 1030-11, grab beverages, go register at Adventure Ocean (are they open right away for that?), grab lunch at Cafe Promenade, and get the fam situated by the pool/slides (are those on the same deck?).

I then plan to head to the MDR to figure out our dinner location - table for 10, 6 pm seating, with kids so they can go to AO at 645.  Are there windows to view the sunset?  Does it even matter where you’re assigned?

I’m guessing our rooms should be ready soon after, muster drill, watch sail away from the helipad (if we can find it), then...?  Are there shows on Day 1?  Is AO open that evening?
What do you do the first day?

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd confirm seating in the MDR first thing.  Staterooms ready around 1pm to 1:30pm.  There is usually one show on the first night, between the two traditional dining times.

In MDR, confirming that they have our information correct, or should I be looking for something beyond that?  By the way, thanks for being so helpful on these boards!

5 hours ago, LalaCoop said:

In MDR, confirming that they have our information correct, or should I be looking for something beyond that?  By the way, thanks for being so helpful on these boards!

Confirm the table size and location.  Your SeaPass card should have the type and time.

I second confirming MDR.  DH and I made the mistake of not verifying our table on Adventure .  We requested a table for 2, but they assigned us a table for 8 and at the very entrance.  So...we had to go to the stand by line and wait for a table.  They did find us one and let us sit there for the rest of the cruise, but you never know. You have a table for 10 so even more important to verify.

Table by the window is nice, but once it goes dark, you can't see out.

For our Navigator cruise in August, we had an ice show the first night (7:30pm or 9:20pm) and a comedy show later on.  But I imagine it changes from cruise to cruise.