DRINK PRICES AND TIPS

Boiler Cruiser

In regards to the question about $12 drink limit, the last time Princess increased drink prices, the PBP price was also adjusted up.  I would expect price moves to generally remain in sync.  That does leave the situation where a package is purchased today and by the time of the voyage, the menu prices increase.  In this case it seems to make sense that the passenger will have to pay a dollar or two here and there as a difference because otherwise they would have to pay more for the drink package based on new prices.  

I suppose a passenger-oriented Princess might consider notifying passengers in that case and offering them the option to either "pay up" the package price to the new level or accept that some drinks they order may attract a small up charge. 

(I am both a customer and a shareholder so look for a balanced solution.  😉 )

Edited by Steelers36

This will be our first princess cruise. As far as I understand as well as the two free bottles of wine you can bring on during embarkation it is possible to bring on as much as you want as long as you pay the $15 corkage fee is that correct ?. We plan to take on 8 bottles for our 8 night cruise. One for each night in dinning room . Cant buy at each port as Norway very expensive !! 

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

(I am both a customer and a shareholder so look for a balanced solution.  😉 )

A balanced solution would be a beer in one hand and a single malt whisky in the other! (Ordered 10 mins apart! 😋)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, brunoseas said:

This will be our first princess cruise. As far as I understand as well as the two free bottles of wine you can bring on during embarkation it is possible to bring on as much as you want as long as you pay the $15 corkage fee is that correct ?. We plan to take on 8 bottles for our 8 night cruise. One for each night in dinning room . Cant buy at each port as Norway very expensive !! 

If you wanted to consume all the wine in the dining room, all bottles would attract the corkage fee. A sticker gets applied to each bottle where corkage has been applied. Technically the two free bottles are supposed to be consumed in your cabin.

Yes thats is what I understand to be correct I dont mind paying the corkage fee on the bottles taken to dinning room it will still work out a lot cheaper than buying on board as I dont have a drinks package .Was just concerned about bringing it all on at once.Thanks for the clarification  .

2 minutes ago, brunoseas said:

Yes thats is what I understand to be correct I dont mind paying the corkage fee on the bottles taken to dinning room it will still work out a lot cheaper than buying on board as I dont have a drinks package .Was just concerned about bringing it all on at once.Thanks for the clarification  .

We have the BSE for our next three cruises, but I no longer trust Princess to have the wine package. If I wanted to drink wine and not much else, I would bring on a case and pay the corkage.

The last two long cruises we went on with Princess did not have the wine package, and paying by the bottle is much more expensive.

• Like 1