Reasonable Excursion in Montego Bay with Kids?

Cinderellie

Hello, we are sailing on the Conquest on 8/29, stopping at Montego Bay. I have read on a lot of the boards about Barrett Tours, and contacted Carolyn Barrett about a possible tour with her. People seemed to rave about the Falls and Tubing Tour, which she recommended for our kids -- about 6 hours.

The catch? We are doing the Royal Dolphin Swim and Sea Lion Swim in Cozumel, which will be almost $700 for the four of us. To add Carolyn Barrett's 6 hour tour, it is $80 each for me, husband & 14 year old son, and $50 for my 10 year old daughter. That's $290!

Is there something more reasonable we can do as a family that would be FUN for the kids? The Falls sounded great.

Just so you know, we are planning the Stingray tour with Captain Marvin in Grand Cayman.

Thanks in advance!

Cinderellie

Honeymoon Dolphin 1982

Royal Caribbean 1985

NCL Norway 1989

Chandris Bermuda 1990

Princess Alaska 1993

Big Red Boat 1998

Disney Magic 2002

As far as the price....they are all pretty close due to the competition....check out their sites or better yet, email them for quotes.

Sounds like you are going to have a blast...you are paying dearly(nothing over the norm tho)....but you will never forget the fun that you are going to have...I won't, we booked all of our excursions online and had one at every port as you are doing....seemed really "busy"(we had excursions planned that filled every minute of our port days) but in retrospect....would not do it differently if I had a chance....maybe more beach time on the next Conquest cruise...

JohnnyO

...Sorry, can't help you with any MoBay tours but I do have a suggestion for you regarding saving money in Grand Cayman. Instead of Cap't Marvin's in GC, I would highly suggest using NativeWay Watersports. We've booked with them each time we visit GC and have never been disappointed. The price is about half of Marvin's and your tour has about half as many people. The guides are great! They get in the water with you and show you how to handle, hold and feed the stingrays. Very professional... and the free rum punch isn't bad either! ...Hope this helps...

Smooth Seas and a Gentle Breeze... Doug

CELEBRATION 11/93

Dolphin IV 10/94

IMAGINATION 10/95

SENSATION 10/96

FASCINATION 10/97

RCCL Grandeur/Seas 10/98

CARNIVAL DESTINY 10/99

ECSTASY 2/00

CARNIVAL DESTINY 10/00

CARNIVAL SPIRIT 12/01

NCL Sun 8/02

CARNIVAL SPIRIT 3/03

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;28;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Maybe a New Year's cruise??

We did a snorkling, catamaran, drinking thing in that port. But afterward a cab driver dropped us(6 of us) at a resort/ hotel that overlooked the bay, and our ship. Very reasonable on drinks, fresh water pool, they supplied towels. Great view. Great prices. Sorry I cant remember the name of it. But, after some shopping, nice way to spend the afternoon. Our total bar bill, and were drinkers, was less than 20.00 a piece. A first class place, worth spending time at. Any cab driver there may know the resort.

10/30/04 Carnival Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived