Princess Excursions

tokyo1949

I agree with the above poster. Princess excursions are pricey, but the price can increase.  I've found their excursions are usually better organized than the ones you can book yourself (Mexico and Caribbean). The benefit to a Princess excursion is that they won't leave you behind should things run late, or an unforeseen circumstance keeping you from getting back on time. It's also annoying to have to prepay.  You can save a lot depending on the itinerary, booking with a local vendor instead of the cruise line. I tend to go to places like Trip advisor and the boards here to do research. 

Exactly! Shore excursion prices don't go down but very often go up. The closer you get to your cruise the greater the chance prices will increase. It also seems to depend on how a particular shorex is booking and what the popular time for it is. 

That's so funny, I just checked the ones I had booked couple of months ago and 2 of them had increased by $10 each.  So for us that was another $80 total, and we are still 4 months out from the cruise date.  Glad I went ahead and booked when I did.