Crown Princess Aft suites/cabins - vibrations?

Yes ... you can get quite a bit of vibration in the aft cabins.  We were in a mini suite on the Emerald deck ... when the thrusters fired up, you couldn't even hear one another talking.  It lasted for a short period of time, though.  That was during the day when the ship was pushing away or towards the dock.  

At night, our particular cabin has such rattling in the wall behind the headboard due to vibrations.  Not noisy like the thrusters but it drove my DH crazy.  Those things usually don't bother him but this did.  I am a light sleeper and wore ear plugs and was just fine.  

You can be the judge of where you fall into the annoyance factor of the vibrations.  

I would book the same room again in a heartbeat.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruisingawayfromthesnow! said:

How late is late Keith ....  could you feel the “thump” of the base please?

If you choose a cabin on the starboard instead of port side, this shouldn't be an issue.  That cabin I spoke of was on the Starboard side and we never heard anything from Club Fusion.  The port side is over the stage, that's why the other poster probably got the noise from the bass.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruisingawayfromthesnow! said:

How late is late Keith ....  could you feel the “thump” of the base please?

Sometimes midnight.

Yes on the thump.

I am thinking the opposite side might be better and away from the stage.

Stayed in the same cabin on the Caribbean and no issues.

• Like 1

If you are sensitive to vibrations, you might not like an aft cabin. We always stay in aft suites  - we love the wake view, vibrations, and rocking. Vibrations don't bother us, so it's not an issue. The boat also rocks more in the front or back. I observed an interesting physics lessons once on the ship's swimming pool. The boat was rocking quite a bit, so in the center of the pool, the water stayed pretty stable (think teeter totter here), the ends of the pool rose and fell a few feet. If you are sensitive to movement, the best place to stay is a center level in the center of the ship.

• Like 1

We stayed in an aft Vista Suite on the Crown on the Caribe Deck. Yes, some slight vibration, but no noise from above. We have booked the same suite for our next Crown  Cruise. We were in a Penthouse Suite on the Ruby and it was directly below the pool deck. Now that was noisy!  We thought we’d be ok because it was an Alaskan Cruise - no one in pool. However, they were constantly rolling carts across the deck starting early.  We would not stay in that section of suites again. Why they put them on the deck below the pool is a mystery to me.