Car Rentals in Ports (Bonaire & Curacao)

TravelBug2A

Hello... 

Our plans for our tour got canceled in Bonaire and am thinking of just renting a car for my daughter and I. She is in a wheelchair but I can put her in a seat with seatbelt and take her custom wheelchair apart in two bulky pieces to store in vehicle. We will need an SUV or van because the frame shape doesn't fit in all car trunks. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has rented a car for their port day in Bonaire? Any recommendations on a company near port? Your experience? I am a little nervous as this will be our first time doing something totally on our own (we've done taxi in Cozumel last minute and private tours in other ports). I do plan to return the car 2 hours before we are supposed to be back on ship. Thank you so much for sharing your information. 

I am also thinking of doing this in Curacao so you have have any recommendations for there, experiences, etc that would be appreciated too? There are two sights I want to see on Curacao that requires driving to. 

Thank you! 🙂