Do you like Cape Liberty Bahamas Itineraries?

Heatherco

5 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I've sailed on probably 8 - 11 or 12 night sailings on Anthem and they have always been sold out.

Oh they sell out but often at cheaper rates.  That's why they are a magnet for folks like me who love a bargain.  It's also why they tend to be upper top tier heavy.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Short answer: No. 

I can drive to Cape Liberty in less than 90 minutes and I don't think I would do anything less than a 9-day cruise (did it twice & would do it again).

Otherwise, I'd rather fly to Florida and take a 7 day from there + a few extra days for pre- or post- cruise stay. Depending on pricing, on occasion it's actually been cheaper than sailing out of Cape Liberty even when factoring in the air fare.

That is what we have found too and my reasoning in asking the question in the first place.  We have done a 9 night from Bayonne too and totally agree with you.  I just haven t seen great rates and in a lot of cases,the rates are higher.

I don't generally care for Florida/Bahamas as a destination.  However I will sail on a ship just for the ship and not get off at the ports.  Did this on NCL Breakaway and it was very relaxing.  Plan on doing the same on Anthem 2/23 sailing too, although if we do make it to CoCo cay, we might check it out. I figure it won't be very warm so not planning any water activities. I have done the 12 night Anthem cruise several years ago and that was a great cruise and we did excursions on many islands.  So as long as a ship is awesome I can deal with the Bahamas and just enjoy the Solarium and the various fun activities.  

Sailing Oasis in May.  Doing so for the ship and the lack of having to fly.  Having said that despite this being my 6th cruise, they've all been on Princess out of FLL...I've actually never been to PC, Cocoa Cay, or Nassau.

My expectations are low for the ports, I haven't been but I've done my share of cruise research over the years so I am pretty well versed in what to expect, but it'll be warm and there'll be sand and water so DW and I will be fine.  The ship is definitely the top of the list, though.  Going to Cocoa Beach for PC, Beach Club @ Cocoa Cay, and vip blue lagoon in Nassau.

Have a family group with 3 cabins going this summer on the Oasis. Been on the Anthem and loved it.

Yes, the itinerary is not the best, but you have to understand that this port is catered towards the northern region. There are 6 states with plenty of major cities within a 3.5 hour driving distance of the port. The cost savings for airfare have a lot of northerners thinking it is worth it.

I'd do the same itinerary 3 times per year if there was a large Royal ship (Quantum or Oasis class) sailing out of Boston.

I live about 15 minutes from the cruise terminal and have never sailed out of Boston.

Edited by soremekun

My kids and I are doing NYE on Anthem and they are very excited about the ship. We understand that the weather won’t be the same as the southern Caribbean itineraries that I/we’ve been on but I guarantee you it will be better than Ohio. 😉 And while the itinerary may not be all that exciting, my husband won’t be able to have that week off but logistically it wouldn’t be difficult for him to join us in PC or Nassau for the day, if his schedule allows. So that’s an added bonus for our family.