Anthem 8 Night North Europe Cities Cruise

IUBeth92

Hello!

I have never been to Europe and we will be sailing on Anthem in May. We are on hold for balcony cabin 9132, which is port side. I am wondering if I should book starboard side as we hover closer to the coast on way to Oslo, then not as close to the coast on the way back. I don't know which side would be best, or if it makes a difference at all. I would appreciate guidance as I am likely over-analyzing this! Thank you! 🙂

8 Night May 2020 Cruise Route (Royal Caribbean International)

• Day 1
    Southampton
  • Day 2
    Brugge (Bruges)
  • Day 3
    Cruising
  • Day 4
    Oslo
  • Day 5
    Cruising
  • Day 6
    Hamburg
  • Day 7
    Cruising
  • Day 8
    Paris
  • Day 9
    Southampton

• 3 weeks later...

I think that is half term week in U.K. so there may be a lot of kids on board.
Also you are aware you don’t go to Paris, which your map shows, but to Le Harvre which is 3hrs drive away?  Bruges is about 45 mins from Zebrugge where you dock.  Your TA has a very misleading 🗺 imho!  
You do dock right in the middle of Oslo though! Great city. Go to the park with the statues. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:37 AM, IUBeth92 said:

Hello!

I have never been to Europe and we will be sailing on Anthem in May. We are on hold for balcony cabin 9132, which is port side. I am wondering if I should book starboard side as we hover closer to the coast on way to Oslo, then not as close to the coast on the way back. I don't know which side would be best, or if it makes a difference at all. I would appreciate guidance as I am likely over-analyzing this! Thank you! 🙂

8 Night May 2020 Cruise Route (Royal Caribbean International)

• Day 1
    Southampton
  • Day 2
    Brugge (Bruges)
  • Day 3
    Cruising
  • Day 4
    Oslo
  • Day 5
    Cruising
  • Day 6
    Hamburg
  • Day 7
    Cruising
  • Day 8
    Paris
  • Day 9
    Southampton

Best bet is to get a cabin at the very aft of the ship.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I think that is half term week in U.K. so there may be a lot of kids on board.
Also you are aware you don’t go to Paris, which your map shows, but to Le Harvre which is 3hrs drive away?  Bruges is about 45 mins from Zebrugge where you dock.  Your TA has a very misleading 🗺 imho!  
You do dock right in the middle of Oslo though! Great city. Go to the park with the statues. 

Anyone planning to get a shuttle into Le Havre you can wait up to 1 hour to get onto a local shuttle bus.

The taxi stand is outside and for €10 you can get a 5 minute taxi ride to the docks shopping centre or €15 for the 10 minutes ride to the city centre.

As little Britain says Paris is a 6 hour round trip.

There are tours to the D day beaches.

For your first visit to Zeebrugge it is nice to get a tour to Brugges.

The shuttle takes you to the beach resort of Blankenburg which has a long shopping street leading to the long beachfront promenade up about 30 steps.

There is a train station next to the shuttle drop off where you can get a train to Brugges, Brussels etc.

Edited by grapau27