MSC customer service = Happy...

tcmagnum

I needed to call MSC this morning to double check on my voyager club level - I got an email stating I matched to silver, but the web page shows classic.  Got my ice water/M&M's and was prepared for a long wait.  3 minutes (not hours!!) my call was picked up.  The young lady I spoke with was so sweet and helpful  She confirmed I am silver with MSC.  Even joked with me that there is a glitch (or 20) with the web page.  I then had her cancel the private cabana I had rented for Ocean Cay - we are just going to rent an umbrella each and create out own private area right up front on the water.  After renting the umbrellas and the floating mats and 2 SUP boards for the four of us, we are saving money and will be right on the water and not behind the rows of chairs.  I was on the phone with her for over 20 minutes and hung up with a smile.  She was so nice and caring and attentive.    😎

Edited by tcmagnum
  • Like 4

I think they're coming around.. We sailed the Seaside last year , and had a few errors and glitches that required me to call the US call center, and the hold times were more than 1 hour, and found the personnel to be quite short and rude. I swore then that I would sail the booked cruise, and never return to MSC because of the Phone customer service I had gotten.

Well, after sailing the Seaside, I decided to come back because we enjoyed the ship and the staff on board so much.

We're sailing on Jan 25th (the sail before yours from what I see 🙂 ), and I called MSC a few weeks ago to do some room upgrades and had a few requests, and both calls were very pleasant and the person was extremely helpful and sounded in a good mood.

Glad to see that you had a good experience, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the MSC Seaside as much as we did 🙂 

• Like 1

I had the same experience calling in. Short wait time and an extremely helpful person. She dealt with my issues for getting the status match documentation to work. Got my name and my Mom's name updated to match our passport as well as our booking names. Also requested the 5% refund on the booking for the status match going through. I also got off the phone very happy.

• Like 1

I will be sailing on the Meraviglia next month which will be my 8th MSC cruise since Sept 2017.  I have prepurchased items on the MSC site on each of those cruises and I have never had an issue with any of them.  Each and every item was as described and when I needed to make a change it was done so easily.  I always make my calls first thing in the morning and have had no more than a few minutes wait.

Just called again as we wanted to change an excursion (and wanted it down right the first time) and a 3 minute wait for someone to answer and the change was made is less than 10 minutes.  I actually had the email confirmation in my hands 

before I hung up with MSC customer service.  The lady was cheerful and helpful.