Island Princess World Cruise JAN 2021

JloAlso

I’ve booked the Island Princess World Cruise JAN 2021, departing from Ft. Lauderdale. I’ll be solo. I’ve cruised before, but never more than a three week cruise, and never alone. I’m still not certain that I’ll go, because of these factors. (And most crucial, how do you pack for an 111 day cruise? LOL)

any advice or comment would be appreciated. 

Edited by JloAlso
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, JloAlso said:

I’ve booked the Island Princess World Cruise JAN 2021, departing from Ft. Lauderdale. I’ll be solo. I’ve cruised before, but never more than a three week cruise, and never alone. I’m still not certain that I’ll go, because of these factors. (And most crucial, how do you pack for an 111 day cruise? LOL)

Did you join the roll call for your cruise?

I just got thru on the Roll Call. I understand how to ‘comment on a posting, but can’t figure out how to post there.

I’ve never taken a world cruise. Like I said, longest has been about 3 weeks. I’ve never cruised ‘solo.’ So, I’m concerned about the length of the cruise, and looking thru the Roll Call posts, it seems everyone is ‘coupled.’

33 minutes ago, JloAlso said:

There are laundromats on most decks.  $3 to wash a load and $3 to dry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JloAlso said:

I just got thru on the Roll Call. I understand how to ‘comment on a posting, but can’t figure out how to post there.

I’ve never taken a world cruise. Like I said, longest has been about 3 weeks. I’ve never cruised ‘solo.’ So, I’m concerned about the length of the cruise, and looking thru the Roll Call posts, it seems everyone is ‘coupled.’

You posted here.  It is the same on a Roll Call.  A Roll Call is just another type of discussion forum.  You can post looking for other singles.

I so want to do this someday.  I think it's amazing that you are even thinking about going!  Do you haven't cruised solo before?  If so my suggestion would be to take a 10-14 day cruise by yourself first.  See what you think.  

Edited by moseylou
Darn auto correct

4 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You posted here.  It is the same on a Roll Call.  A Roll Call is just another type of discussion forum.  You can post looking for other singles.

Oh, thanks. Was suggested that I join Roll Call.. Are you going on the 2021 World Cruise?

2 minutes ago, moseylou said:

I so want to do this someday.  I think it's amazing that you are even thinking about going!  Do you haven't cruised solo before?  If so my suggestion would be to take a 10-14 day cruise by yourself first.  See what you think.  

Not my first cruise. Have cruised many times, years ago, usually for 2 or 3 weeks, mostly in the Caribbean. 

13 minutes ago, JloAlso said:

Oh, thanks. Was suggested that I join Roll Call.. Are you going on the 2021 World Cruise?

I know how to respond by clicking on ‘Quote.’    How do I post a new post?

22 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I know how to respond by clicking on ‘Quote.’    How do I post a new post? (Probably elementary..I don’t see an icon that says ‘post.’

2 minutes ago, JloAlso said:

I know how to respond by clicking on ‘Quote.’    How do I post a new post? (Probably elementary..I don’t see an icon that says ‘post.’

You Reply to Post/Thread (use the blank box at the bottom), or Reply to another poster.  A Roll Call is a single topic, you do not create new topics like on the Princess Board where we are now. 

CC has instructions for new users if that helps.

Edited by steelers36

25 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You Reply to Post/Thread (use the blank box at the bottom), or Reply to another poster.  A Roll Call is a single topic, you do not create new topics like on the Princess Board where we are now.

Oh, ok... So someone suggested that I create a post ‘looking for singles who are taking the cruise.’ Don’t I have to start a new thread to do that? 

Just now, JloAlso said:

Oh, ok... So someone suggested that I create a post ‘looking for singles who are taking the cruise.’ Don’t I have to start a new thread to do that? 

Wait, I think I got it!

• Thanks 1

Just now, JloAlso said:

No, there can only be one Roll Call thread for a voyage.  IDK how the WC on Island is being handled, however, because there are a lot of different segments and some are starting in FL and some in L.A.

25 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

CC has instructions for new users if that helps.

CC ?

Just now, JloAlso said:

On many Roll Calls someone will start a spread sheet .   Once you sign up with that person you will have access to the spread sheet.    There can be many tabs on the spread sheet like Meet and Greet or independent tours etc.   You could start a tab for solo travelers.     You would be able to find out if there are any solo travelers for your cruise and you could plan things as a group.

2 minutes ago, waltd said:

On many Roll Calls someone will start a spread sheet .   Once you sign up with that person you will have access to the spread sheet.    There can be many tabs on the spread sheet like Meet and Greet or independent tours etc.   You could start a tab for solo travelers.     You would be able to find out if there are any solo travelers for your cruise and you could plan things as a group.

What’s the difference between Roll Call and Forum?

1 hour ago, JloAlso said:

So, if you’ll be ‘solo-cruising‘ the world on Island Princess 2021, let's try to get a narrative going.... 

Just now, JloAlso said:

So, if you’ll be ‘solo-cruising‘ the world on Island Princess 2021, let's try to get a narrative going.... 

Now post this same comment on the Roll Call.    You will get more of a reply.   You have one post already on the World Cruise 2021 In the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic.

• Thanks 1