15 day Miracle Hawaii

CdrescherRBL152

My first attempt at a review but he5e goes. 

Long hard day to San Diego.  Had Tobey up at 4am. Car service pickup was at 6. Ride to Logan airport was the expected 90 minutes.  Thank god for TSA precheck. Thru security in under 5 minutes. Due to my bad feet we got early boarding. Turns out that was good and bad. Took off for Phoneix  on time at 9:35. Flight is 6 and a half hours (never do that again). Flight to San Diego wad a mere 55 minutes WOW. Had to call the Baymont downtown 5 times before anyone answered to send the shuttle van. Got to hotel finally at 4pm local time.  Yup been up for 15 hours traveling for 13. Pizza delivery ti room and then bed.

That's it for day one. More when I get more free time. We are in Honolulu on way to a luau. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Buckimion said:

Any experience with the on-board wifi? I've read reviews that say there is no connection for most of the sea days which makes me wonder if we should buy the entire trip or by the day when in range.

we sailed the Miracle this past May 2019.  we had the social data plan and the $5 HUB app messaging.  Worked just fine pretty much everywhere.  Little slow in room and faster up on deck or common area decks.

• Like 1

We did this cruise back in 2012 and it has been (so far) our favorite cruise of the 25 we've been on! We sailed aboard the Carnival Spirit. The 4 days at sea going each way were fantastic! We met several new friends and played games as a group. Had a blast! Seeing Hawaii on a cruise ship was great. I even surprised my wife with the renewal of our wedding vows on a beach on Oahu. She was totally surprised! It made this cruise so much more remarkable.

• Like 1

We have sailed 5 Hawaii cruises--HAL, Princess, and the last one on CCL Splendor. 

We have loved each cruise.  The Splendor one is because our granddaughter now sails with us.  

We are booked on Miracle for the Thanksgiving cruise- a 5 dayer, with 2 days in Cabo.  We have a suite and are looking forward to it.

Patti

0kay now were back waiting at San Diego Airport. On last bit on our hotel they said they had a free shuttle to the cruise port. You could sign up the day before you cruise. We got to the hotel at 3:30 check in was 3:00. We were told first available shuttle was 2pm. Ol we are taking a cab.

9:15 called for a cab he was there at 9:25 at 9:35 we are inside the waiting area at the terminal.  10:00 we head to a second waiting area get our zone number. Yes this cruise we hit 75 days we are now platinum.  As a result we are priority zone C. We are on the ship dropping of our carry ons at 11;00am.  We have Cabin 7299. Is right off the aft elevator but never heard any noice. Room is great plenty of room. More storage then 10 people need. Balcony has enough room for two lounges, two chairs and two tables.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:58 PM, luckrebekah said:

Me and my husband is doing in Jan 2021 for 20th anniversary! I told him we would be the only 40 yrs old on the ship, our son is going to stay home! So no spring or fall break kinds running!  Looking forward to this!

Sorry!  Me and my 13 year old will be on the boat with you! 🙂

On 1/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, Buckimion said:

Any experience with the on-board wifi? I've read reviews that say there is no connection for most of the sea days which makes me wonder if we should buy the entire trip or by the day when in range.

We just returned from Miracle Journeys Hawaii cruise on Saturday Feb 1st.  I had to purchase 1 day of internet on the 6th sea day.  Of note is that there was not any satellite service that day (no cable tv) but the intent worked fine for what I used it for.  I purchased the Value Wifi plan for 1 day (I think for $12) and it work fine for what I needed (checked email, facebook, flight info and some banking)

• Like 2

We've been lucky enough to do this type of cruise 4 times and have liked it so much that we're leaving from San Diego (first time out of there) on Nov. 28 on the Miracle. If any of you are curious about seeing an extended Hawaiian cruise on the Miracle---here is the "album" of our 2015 Hawaiian cruise on the Miracle out of Long Beach. Feel free to skip over many of the pix, any you'd like to see larger just click on.

OUR 2015 Hawaiian cruise

• Like 3

Following. My wife and I have always wanted to visit Hawaii, so we decided to try to go for one of our 40th birthdays in a few years or our 10 year anniversary. This particular cruise may be the best (and possibly most affordable) way for us to experience Hawaii.