CRUISE TO GREECE

lmb84

14 minutes ago, Ava79 said:

I'm also interested in this topic. I was looking, but I only saw Greece as a stop.

That is correct.  None of the cruises start or end in Athens.  But they are a few that make stops in Greek ports. We are looking at the Legend on October 4, 2021.  It stops in Mykonos, Santorini, Athens, Katakolon, and Corfu, which are all in Greece.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lmb84 said:

Does or has Carnival cruised to Greece....on bucket list...Thx

This is Carnival Legend's scheduled Europe cruises for 2021. Bottom of page shows 3 Greek Isle cruises (Rome roundtrip) on Sep 5, Sep 24 and Oct 4. I booked the Baltic run on Aug 15 after the cancelled Mardi Gras TA. Looking to book the 11 day Oct 4th soon.

2021 legend.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

That is correct.  None of the cruises start or end in Athens.  But they are a few that make stops in Greek ports. We are looking at the Legend on October 4, 2021.  It stops in Mykonos, Santorini, Athens, Katakolon, and Corfu, which are all in Greece.

We are on this sailing, starts and ends in Rome, great ports of call.  

5 hours ago, rn4t5 said:

This is Carnival Legend's scheduled Europe cruises for 2021. Bottom of page shows 3 Greek Isle cruises (Rome roundtrip) on Sep 5, Sep 24 and Oct 4. I booked the Baltic run on Aug 15 after the cancelled Mardi Gras TA. Looking to book the 11 day Oct 4th soon.

2021 legend.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to post this for me, appreciate that...

7 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Ideally I would love a cruise that has greece and Venice ports 🙂

Specifically, what ports in Greece do you want to visit, and does it have to be on Carnival? I have cruises on MSC and Carnival in Oct., and the MSC cruise leaves from Venice and includes visits to Mykonos, Santorini and Cephalonia. The following Legend cruise leaves from Venice, but only includes Corfu in Greece...it ends in Barcelona.

7 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

We are looking at this Cruise as well. Was hoping to do it during this deposit sale but the deposit is still $400.

I would look for a cruise that includes Kusadasi (Ephesus) if possible. We did this on RCCL Brilliance of the Seas a few years ago and it was the HIGHLIGHT of our 12 night cruise. Mykonos is just pretty beaches (my opinion only), Santorini is pretty. Athens was ok but the ruins in Ephesus blows away Athens. Especially the Terrace Houses (separate additional tour) that is so worthwhile to add to your Ephesus tour. We did a full day private tour (15 people) that also included Selcuk and another small town. We also got to see where it is believed the Temple of Artemis was located as well as a site where Paul the Apostle preached. Greece is certainly nice, but Ephesus blew us away.

1 hour ago, SDPadreFan said:

I would look for a cruise that includes Kusadasi (Ephesus) if possible. We did this on RCCL Brilliance of the Seas a few years ago and it was the HIGHLIGHT of our 12 night cruise. Mykonos is just pretty beaches (my opinion only), Santorini is pretty. Athens was ok but the ruins in Ephesus blows away Athens. Especially the Terrace Houses (separate additional tour) that is so worthwhile to add to your Ephesus tour. We did a full day private tour (15 people) that also included Selcuk and another small town. We also got to see where it is believed the Temple of Artemis was located as well as a site where Paul the Apostle preached. Greece is certainly nice, but Ephesus blew us away.

The Legend Greek Isle itineraries all stop in Izmir, about an hour drive from Ephesus. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:45 AM, luv2trvlnow said:

I am looking at that one as well but for the September 24th 10 day cruise. We just did a cruise on Ncl in November that was supposed to stop in Mykonos and Santorrini but the ship had engine troubles and the 2 ports that we booked the trip for were cancelled the night before we cruised. We received no notification from Ncl I found out on CC instead. So we are looking to try it again.

50 minutes ago, ctkathchick said:

I am looking at that one as well but for the September 24th 10 day cruise. We just did a cruise on Ncl in November that was supposed to stop in Mykonos and Santorrini but the ship had engine troubles and the 2 ports that we booked the trip for were cancelled the night before we cruised. We received no notification from Ncl I found out on CC instead. So we are looking to try it again.

That's a good choice too.  The only port you miss from the October 4 cruise is Corfu and you get a different port in Sicily. 

As it turns out we are no longer looking, we have booked it.  Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!.  We cancelled a B2B we had booked on the Breeze and transferred our money over to this cruise.  I am happy we hadn't booked ES.  So there were no penalties and now we have to do some research on these ports so we know what we want to do. We spent a couple of weeks in Italy in October once and the weather was perfect, not too hot.  

• Like 1

If anyone does a cruise that stops in Messina, Sicily it's a pretty neat little town. There is an astronomical clock (in the tower) that is part of a church (hard to miss) and it's like a giant Cuckoo Clock. Not sure how often it puts on a show. It's similar to the "It's A Small World" clock but with a religious theme. Fascinating to watch, a large crowd will form in the public square. Limited seating so you will be standing for awhile. We really enjoyed it. There are videos on the web if interested.

Edited by SDPadreFan

On 1/24/2020 at 4:00 PM, crzndeb said:

Specifically, what ports in Greece do you want to visit, and does it have to be on Carnival? I have cruises on MSC and Carnival in Oct., and the MSC cruise leaves from Venice and includes visits to Mykonos, Santorini and Cephalonia. The following Legend cruise leaves from Venice, but only includes Corfu in Greece...it ends in Barcelona.

HI...Does not have to be Carnival.  Looking at 2021....Santorini, Mykonos

On 1/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, SDPadreFan said:

If anyone does a cruise that stops in Messina, Sicily it's a pretty neat little town. There is an astronomical clock (in the tower) that is part of a church (hard to miss) and it's like a giant Cuckoo Clock. Not sure how often it puts on a show. It's similar to the "It's A Small World" clock but with a religious theme. Fascinating to watch, a large crowd will form in the public square. Limited seating so you will be standing for awhile. We really enjoyed it. There are videos on the web if interested.

Just be wary if you do stuff on your ow and it is a Sunday, the town is shut down.  

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Just be wary if you do stuff on your ow and it is a Sunday, the town is shut down.  

Good to know. We got Messina as an alternate to Naples because there was an early winter storm effecting Italy's coast line. Messina was protected because it was facing to the east. Still not a bad place. Told the wife we would just have to do another Med Cruise to see Naples. She was happy with that idea.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:45 AM, luv2trvlnow said:

We just booked this Cruise. Will you be joining us?

Edited by nklpikl

12 minutes ago, nklpikl said:

We just booked this Cruise. Will you be joining us?

We will be joining you.  We booked the cruise over the weekend.  We cancelled a B2B on the Breeze for next year and moved the money we had paid on those 2 cruises over to this cruise.  Those 2 cruises couldn't come close to being as good as this one is.  So we also have been busy switching our cruise insurance (not through Carnival) over to the new cruise.  There were a few hiccups since the insurance company had done an update on their software and things weren't getting through correctly. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

We will be joining you.  We booked the cruise over the weekend.  We cancelled a B2B on the Breeze for next year and moved the money we had paid on those 2 cruises over to this cruise.  Those 2 cruises couldn't come close to being as good as this one is. 

This Cruise does look amazing. Even my TA said she was going to look into it for her family because the itinerary is so great.

There is a roll call for the cruise. Hope to see you on there. 

Edited by nklpikl

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2020 at 9:28 AM, rn4t5 said:

2021 legend.jpg

Where did you find a list like this?  I like this format/layout.