Hotels in Rome

Marge885

Give us an idea of what "reasonable" means for you -- Rome is expensive. And what area do you want to be in? Do you like being in the center of things when you step out the door?  Do you want peace and quiet and an out-of-the-way location?  

Also -- do all 5 couples need to stay together?  If so, you definitely need to think about reserving soon as a number of interesting and well liked hotels are not huge...

2 hours ago, Marge885 said:

Need suggestions for hotels in a Rome. Have a group of 5 couples going in September.  Looking for something reasonable.

We've stayed in this one multiple times and are returning there for out post-cruise stay this July:

https://www.residenzafarneseroma.it/en/

It's a small hotel on a quiet street in an EXCELLENT location...just off the Campo di Fiore, a few short blocks from the Piazza Navona.  4 Stars, but reasonable prices.

Cruisemom42 you are so right.  I'm not finding any place near Trevi that has 5 rooms. I guess will have to split. Price wise I don't book anything over $150 a night. This is first cruise overseas so I'm learning a lot on cruise critic. 

If you are willing to walk a bit or utilize public transportation to a certain extent, AND/OR if you are going to be using the train to get to the port, consider looking at hotels around the Termini (main train station) area. Prices are more reasonable and it's safe, although not the prettiest part of Rome. You're more likely to find something in your desired range.

It's a little less convenient, walking-wise, but you can take the metro a couple of stops to the Colosseum, take a different line to the Vatican; it's pretty easy.

There are a number of recommended hotels around Termini that are more reasonable. I have liked Hotel Una (great included breakfasts and very convenient to Termini) but have also stayed in Hotel Sonya. Hotel Canada is also often recommended.

For reasonable prices in a more central area you might try Hotel Smeraldo or Hotel Navona (both near Piazza Navona/Campo dei Fiori -- but neither are very large.

If you need five rooms, you might also try contacting the hotel directly -- they may give you a slightly better rate if you're booking multiple rooms. For example, try Albergo Santa Chiara.