Two Insurance Policies?

cruisehappi

Hubby wants to supplement cruise line's policy with a third-party policy. Does anyone know if they would both pay the same claim? Cruise line has cancel for any reason, but the medical and evacuation aren't very good so he wants to add to it. 

When you purchase the 3rd party, when they ask what the trip cost is, tell them $1.Also select a policy that indicates the medical is "primary".

The $1 trip costs will still get you the medical and evacuation coverage but will not pay out for any cancellation, trip delay, trip interruption, etc....   The $1 also lowers the cost of the premium to about $30 or so.

The "Primary" means that company is the primary payer.

In my State, I can still receive Pre-Existing conditions waivers buying this way.

I use https://tripinsurancestore.com/ to buy my policies. This way I can call to get good advise and if I ever have a claim, Steve is there to help.

If you do run into a medical claim, the insurance companies may fight over who should pay first, etc., but that's their fight. Just might be a delay in you getting your refund.

Edited by klfrodo

After consultation with tripinsurancestore, we have done this - purchased the cruise line "insurance" and added on another policy with primary, large, medical and evac coverage limits.  Saved quite a bit as it will be a long trip.