NCL Epic Laundry?

vapple

Hi All!

Doing a TA in April on the Epic.  Is it true that there is no bulk laundry service, eg. a bag of a certain weight for a particular price?  This type of service has been available on other cruise lines (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Holland America).  NCL said they charge a minimum of $1.25 for each piece, even underwear and the cost just escalates from there.  Is it $ feasible to do laundry on a 15 day cruise?  I understand that you can do underwear in the sink...but the thought of wet underwear hanging in the cabin is not a pleasant one. Hate to have to bring enough of everything to last the cruise.  I know this is a minor irritation...but just thought I would send it out there to anyone who has "been there...done that."

Thanks!

Excellent question - we will be on this cruise also and I had the exact same question.  Fairly new to NCL (2nd cruise) but are diamond+ with RCCL and always have some sort of laundry done on longer cruises (either with or without perks).  Hate to bring that many clothes, but will if necessary.  Will follow your thread with interest.

21 minutes ago, vapple said:

Hi All!

Doing a TA in April on the Epic.  Is it true that there is no bulk laundry service, eg. a bag of a certain weight for a particular price?  ...............

No, that is not a true statement.  NCL does have bag laundry specials.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vapple said:

Thanks.  I guess the person I spoke to at NCL either didn't know or gave me incorrect advice.  Will try and contact them again and see if their answer is still the same.

TBH vapple, I wouldn't bother.  The info you get here on CC is far more creditable than talking to someone on the phone in some call centre goodness knows where (either Miami, FL  or AZ).  

The Laundry special will be offered at least twice on your TA, it'll be a large paper bag, not quite as large as a pillow case and not as sturdy.  Roll your items tight and mark them on the list you'll receive and get as many into your bag as possible. Some pax put the paper bag inside a pillowcase but it's not really necessary.  

Forgot to mention the cost will be $19.95 per bag. Make sure you check the Dailies the Steward will leave in your cabin each evening, that's where you'll find the special notice. 

Have a wonderful cruise. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
forgot to mention
  • Like 1